Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it can't be that bad if you have a bow and can teleport right?
    and it's open world too eh pretty much?

2. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    This post made my day, better run and slap SLI's hands off his mouse before he buys a rendering card with 12gb vram ( not mirrored ) so he can play this game.

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Personally, I'd rather the gameplay was better than the graphics. You guys are analyzing a port of a console game. When a game like Star Citizen/Witcher 3 comes out for just the pc, then analyze the **** out of it. Is Skyrim a console port? That's not real impressive either.

4. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    It runs just fine with the ultra textures at 4k I dunno why they say 6GB. I have just 1 card too.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Star C and Elite sure, but witcher 3 is multiplatform just like this game and im placing my bets performance will relect that.

6. Canzah

Canzah Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Witcher 3 is already confirmed to be heavily casualized and graphics were severely downgraded since 2013 as evident by 2014 gameplay.
    You can thanks Microsoft for that, since they paid CDPR for platform parity.

7. Ash Cation

Ash Cation Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 ACX
    Played 5h of the game today.

Pros:

Very good mechanical , with many different ways to kill Orcs.
    Very beautiful, detailed, diverse environment.
    Good history.
    No major bugs.
    Well optimized and runs well , only the Ultra setting is super heavy.
    Stealth and ranger mode are very cool

Cons:

Need more weapons / upgrades / effects , the system you equip orbs on your weapon is kinda boring and dont change dramatically the result.
    Killing Orcs become repetitive after some time , because you learn the best combo after a while.
    Bigger map maybe? (Didnt finished the game)
    Its kinda easy , only in the begin is hard , after some fights you can fight against 50 orcs easily.

8. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    How do you kill so many orcs so easily? I am having a really hard time killing the warchiefs.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It may use a lot from AC and Batman, but in terms of fighting it's better than both series.

But yes - it's a fighting game. If you're searching for a character driven epic story it's the wrong game for you.
    I know i'm getting my a** kicked a LOT and i enjoy it. You can't just jump into a crowd of orcs and rely on your Batman skills right from the beginning, you have to level up & unlock special skills first. Mind my words. :)

10. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Ambient occlusion Ultra is just stupid in terms of performance hit; guess that's why Ultra preset only sets it to High anyways. Can't tell any difference in quality either.

98 fps High vs 72 fps Ultra

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Run's decent otherwise with all else maxed, besides Textures to High. Ultra Textures works but it chugs a bit too often in places. Is there was a way to set resolution scale in small increments past 100%?? Not enough power to do 150% scaling at all times.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

11. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    what a joke this game is man 6 gb titan must have this for free,anyways its better than watchdogs in terms of performance but no aa settings and only rez scale come on ,plus the requirements of vram and final outcome on screen it screams consolization to the worst degree to bad monolith couldnt make another fear game and got stuck with the lotr franchise,at least if it was warhammer i would be ok with it but man they should call this game assasins creed back to mordor edition ;-p

12. Ash Cation

Ash Cation Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 ACX
    SPOILER ALERT (didnt find spoiler button):

I have not fought with WarChiefs yet, but regular Orcs,Ranged Orcs,Mini Bosses I do this: equip the sword with ''lifesteal'' orbs/powerups (when you kill you have a chance to get life back) , up Execution skill , attack/dodge/counter like a crazy , execute Orcs , profit.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    What are you saying? My Witcher 3...dumbed down and "consolized"? Where is the proof of this?

14. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Execute other than when they're on the ground? I've died like 100 times at least so far. I cannot for the life of me take big crowds.

15. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Wow, almost no difference at all , 26fps hit is pretty hard to justify although NV didnt release any driver for this game yet i think.

16. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Ultra looks a LOT better than High after the hd texture install. No comparison.

17. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Did you actually saw the pictures ren008 posted 3 posts above?

SSAO seems just slightly bumped , and that's it. For 26fps hit , i guess its not worth it , we're just talking here btw..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just ran the game's benchmark this morning on 50% resolution (1920x1200) and maxed settings, except for Texture Quality at High (it is actually set to Ultra but the 3.7 GB HD texture pack is still downloading). My results are:

Ave. FPS: 81.18
    Max. FPS: 522.26
    Min. FPS: 28.83

Presumably 100% resolution is going to be downsampled or should the resolution be at 100%? The benchmark seemed to take a long time to load, though the second time it was much quicker (10 seconds), and the game does pretty good. However, the lack of AA means the image quality is very poor IMO and I'm shocked that this is an NVIDIA endorsed game without ANY actual NVIDIA enhancements! Where is the TXAA? Where is the hardware PhysX? :3eyes:

19. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    I wonder about Nvidia stuff as well, adverts in game but no driver , no sli , nothing. Also i think i saw some 290s going around 90/100 fps average , maxwell should be better than that or same

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    100% means it uses your set resolution, 50% would mean it uses half of it (sub-sampling?) and 150% or 200% would create a SSAA / Downsampling effect.
    (150% I think is normally called 1.5x1.5 and 200% would be 2x2 SSAA.)