Monitoring Plugin for HDD/Mobo Temperature

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Suicide_Machine, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Suicide_Machine

Suicide_Machine New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Hi everyone,

I love that the Plugin Support for Monitoring is implemented in Afterburner again. I have been using this great program for many years now and it's good to see this feature come back from Rivatuner days.

Is there a place where one can find/share third party plugins? I'm specifically looking for a way to monitor both my Mainboard/System temperature and the temps of my two drives. Mainboard is listed but it's always at 0°C. Drive temp was listed as part of the SMART plugin in the changelog but I don't see it?

If it helps: Mainboard is an MSI Z170A Gaming M7, Drives are Both Samsung M2 SSD 950 PRO (256GB) and 960 EVO (1TB)

-SM

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  3. Suicide_Machine

Suicide_Machine New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Hi boogieman,

thanks for the answer. I went over to the HWInfo-forum aswell as downloading the app. All I found was how to integrate the HWInfo Sensor data into the Afterburner OSD. What I was looking for however is the integration into the Afterburner hardware monitor. Now my understanding is I have to go to ...\MSI Afterburner\Plugins\Monitoring\HwInfo.cfg and edit that file but I would love some examples/documentation on how to do that ;)

edit: After fiddling around for a bit it was way easier than I thought. All you have to do is make sure the "ReadingName" in the .cfg is the same as the sensor name in HWInfo. WHat I couldn't figure out yet is what the "SourceID" does but it doesn't seem to matter.

-SM

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member