Monitor upgrade

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by brutlern, Jan 14, 2014.

1. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
  2. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Master Guru

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    If you want a good ips Monitor i can Recommend the lg-24EA53VQ
    I have one and the 22-23.6 inch model and it looks quite nice + Color accuracy.

Viewing angles are nice and Gaming performance is great even when vs a TN Panel.
    Grab a LG IPS monitor if there cheap and enjoy.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The GW2460HM doesn't have a flicker-free backlight. If you wish to know what that means, google it! Basically though, a flicker free backlight will reduce eyestrain.

The EW2440L does have a flicker-free backlight, updated circuitry, and I believe an updated panel as well.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

5. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    yeah, but as I said before it's not available here.

Update:

Straight from TFTCentral:

"Where models have been updated the actual product name has not been changed, but buyers can recognise the new flicker free version by the part number (P/N) shown below. From a manufacturing point of view the change was made during July and August and so new stock supplies should in theory be of the new flicker free version (although not guaranteed). Buyers should check with stockists for the P/N they have in supply to be sure which version they will be receiving."

GW2460HM (Flicker-free P/N: 9H.L9GLB.DBE/ 9H.L7CLA.DBU)

So any new stock should be flicker free. :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
  7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I wouldn't rely on 'any new stock should be flicker free'!

According to this, the monitor has been updated for flicker-free, but it is still an older monitor. BenQ even labels the EW2440L as a new monitor (which it is).
    http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/?filter=185#s0

Look at the Romanian BenQ site:
    http://benq.ro/product/monitor/2/197/

It say's it's new there too. It also has the GW2460HM on the second page. Open up the description... It's Windows 7 ready! It says that because Windows 8 was NOT out when that old model was originally released. You will find the EW2440L says Windows 8 ready.

Is there any other shops you can look at for purchasing the EW2440L? It's possible the shop you are looking at simply isn't restocking the EW2440L yet so they can sell off their existing stock (like the GW2460HM).

8. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Just an update, I got the GW2460HM. It's flicker free, the P/N is 9H.L9GLB.RBE. It looks great, has most of the features the EW2440L has. The viewing angles are excellent, in a dark room with a full screen black image I notice only a tiny bit of backlight bleed, but it's barely more than my old TN used to have. I still have a lot of optimizing/tweaking/testing to do but I'm happy.