Monitor turns black and windows disable my GPU driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Mixa39, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Hello. I've bought a PC in 23 Jan. 2023.
    Here is my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB
    RAM: 2x8GB KINGSTON
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime B450M-A II
    MEMORY: 500GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    POWER SUPPLY: IG-MAX IG5600L COLOSSUS 600W

Everything worked perfect until one point when I played Red Dead Redemption 2 and my monitor turned black saying no video input. I restarted my PC and I saw that in device manager my gpu is disabled.
    I enabled it and restarted PC and again I started to play RDR 2. After maybe 1-3 hours I had the same problem.
    I did everything same as before restarting my PC and enabling gpu driver in device manager.
    Now I played Spiderman Miles Morales to see if there will be any issues and yep I still have the same issue even in Spiderman Miles Morales. I did a sfc /scannow in CMD and I uninstalled my drivers with DDU and then installed other ones but still I have the same issue. I installed AMD chipset drivers and maybe try that but no I still have the same issue. Is there any way to fix this issue? What can I try to fix and play normal without any disturbance. I watched youtube for a while and I saw that there is no issues in youtube but as soon as I try to play some game my monitor will just turn black after 20-30 mins and then I need to reboot my PC. I forgot to mention that I reinstalled my windows but also that didn't changed anything. Any suggestions what should I do?

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I had this problem in youtube also when my monitor was flickering, turning off etc etc.. Since I removed display driver with DDU and installed drivers again that fixed my problem for youtube. The thing is I can't play any games more then 1-2 hours.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  3. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Well unfortunately I bought complete PC. I heard my PSU like that sometimes but most of the time I am hearing my PSU normal.

4. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Well the guy in the video replied that he replaced the PSU and all his crashing, rebooting problems went away.
    He also said the noise and smell was only under load.

5. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    I didn't had any crashes or rebooting. My monitor just turns black and when I restart my PC I see in device manager that my GPU driver is disabled

6. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    That's your PC crashing.
    Just accept the PSU is garbage, get it replaced, stop wasting your time and what ever stress it is causing you.
    Read what people in that video have said.

7. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    I agree with you about PSU part because this is a completed build that I bought. I can only try to service him with officials because if I change something I will lose my 4 year warranty.
    I am thinking that If I contact them and they take to test it they will just give my PC back and say there is no issues.

8. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Tell them what's happening, send them link to above video, tell them you want PSU replaced.
    Yes they may try and screw you, but at least try to get a good outcome.

9. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Thanks. Also I wanted to say that I only hear my PSU like that on the video when I am booting my PC up and going to windows. When I play games my PSU is normal I can't hear any of theese in video. Anyway I will try to test it a little bit more playing probably games but without headphones to hear if PSU will be crazy.

10. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    https://youtube.com/shorts/JccIjKwfApQ?feature=share here is my video of PSU.
    As you can hear this is what I hear when I start up my Windows.
    When I change the angle of the cable this sound dissapear but that probably doesn't mean that problem is fixed. I will try to change cable and see if it will work. If not I will probably call service and change PSU.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Pay them extra to put in a real PSU. You don't want a questionable PSU in your gaming PC. In some ways it's the most important component of a PC. The heart, you could say, since it provides electricity to all the other components, just like an animal heart provides fresh blood to all the other organs. If a bad PSU goes bang, it can take with it some other components, in the worst case scenario.

rflair likes this.
  12. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes what @Kaarme said.
    The rest of your PC is pretty good, that PSU is garbage.

pegasus1 likes this.
  13. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Then I should probably try to buy some PSU with 750W? What is your suggestion guys? I am not really good in terms of PSU.

I am still not sure even If I know PSU is garbage but still why would PSU disable my GPU device and it was on youtube also then I installed GPU device again and monitor flicerking was fixed for youtube? I am not an expert about PCs but I do have some basic knowledge about PC most with CPU, GPU at first I thought that my GPU is faulty because I always get my GPU disabled in device manager.

14. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Buy name brand, a PSU that is sold worldwide.
    Is the place you purchased near you or would it mean returning your whole PC.
    Either way try and get a name brand PSU, I'm pretty sure Corsair sells in your country.
    Get the people who sold you the PSU to replace it, if it means paying some more money it is better for you.
    And also just going to 750w doesn't mean anything, it could be another piece of trash.

Kaarme likes this.
  15. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Here is 2 pictures with gpu showing red light. This is taken 11 minutes ago while playing Spiderman Miles Morales? Is it because there is no enough power on gpu or? Let me remember you guys I am not an expert so understand me asking stupid questions

Attached Files:

16. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    That's definetely the power supply, i suggest seasonic, ive been using seasonic for 6 years and had 0 problems with it.

Cp0 likes this.
  17. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Bad power supplies can do more then destroy your whole PC, they can even burn your house down, surely i may hope you understand the risks and seriousness of the situation i hope.

pegasus1 likes this.
  18. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    There is some news guys, I contacted my seller and they don't want to replace PSU with new one. They said I can buy a separate PSU or they can give my money back. What do you guys suggest I need 650w PSU any suggestions what PSU should I buy or should I take my money back?

19. ant_sh

ant_sh Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    It may not be a PSU issue. I had similar symptoms on rx580 which had old thermal paste and bad fan e.g. driver crashes like that may mean GPU overheating. Try undervolting it.

20. Mixa39

Mixa39 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    Well I would like to do that but now it is in service since I have 4 or 3 year warranty