Monitor tearing-effect, vsync problem (Gaming, CS:Source & Hardware related)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Atza^, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Atza^

Atza^ Guest

Is there any way to get rid off monitor tearing-effect? I play Counter-Strike:Source with 1440x900 @ 75hz. When I use fps_max 76, tearing-effect("wave-thing") starts and it's quite annoying.

Also I've another problem with my monitor: When I use fps_max 101 my game seems "laggy". With fps_max 0(no limit) my game feels smooth, but when all the action begins my fps drops and then recoil doesn't feel good at all anymore.

So how to fix these things? Is there any tweaking programs or something for monitors? Please help me and no flamers thanks. I bet that I'm not the only one fighting against these problems.

System:
    Graphics card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 Mb
    Motherboard: EVGA nForce 650i Ultra
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3,4GHz
    Memory: 2 Gb Mushkin DDR2 900MHz
    Monitor: 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen
    Operating system: Windows XP
    Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

P.S. I know that vsync does the trick with tearing-effect, but then my mouse just goes laggy even I change the pre-rendered frames to 0. Is there also fix for this mouse/vsync problem?

2. ereetos

ereetos Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLi
    i played CS for the first time in years yesterday on my 9800gx2. it was extremely slow to respond to my mouse movements.

i set my fpsmax 60 (since i play at 60hz) and it ran fine.

i have prerendered frames set to 3, and using no vsync.

also didnt notice any problematic tearing.

what i DID notice... is CS is a terrible game after playing CoD4 for a while ;)