Monitor showing weird colors..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by a1rflow, Jul 17, 2006.

1. a1rflow

a1rflow Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 6800gs AGP OC 385/1069
    Hey everyone, my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 930B) has been turning all the colors of white into a light bluish. It is on and off, however, but it annoys the heck out of me. I've tried new video card drivers for my video card (Geforce 6800gs AGP), but so far, no luck. I've tried print screening and saving a picture for an example, but when I tried looking at the picture on a different computer it showed completely fine. The monitor is connected through a VGA cable, not DVI. If anyone has experienced this problem before or knows a solution, it would help greatly.

Thanks

2. TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender Master Guru

GPU:
    6600GT/Onboard
    Make sure the cable is connected tightly to the card.

Also it could just be the monitor on its way out but first check the connection ;)

~~ TS ~~

3. [Peter]

[Peter] Master Guru

GPU:
    512MB GeForce 9800 GTX
    I had the same problem, one pin in my cable was broken and I got new cable and now everything is correct.

4. a1rflow

a1rflow Member

GPU:
    I've checked that the cable is connected tightly, and that's completely fine. I'll remember to check if one of the pins is broken next time I turn off my computer, thanks!

5. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    Try messing with the settings? Maybe it somehow got set to a different mode, like most of the newer screens come with a bluish or redish mode to try and highlight movie colors or pictures.

6. a1rflow

a1rflow Member

GPU:
    Ok, I checked the pins on both sides and they look fine. I also did a color reset to make sure the settings were ok on my monitor. Still happening, (it appears on and off once in awhile though)

7. Brian the King

Brian the King Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Find another monitor and discover if it's the video card or the monitor that is causing the problem.

8. TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender Master Guru

GPU:
    6600GT/Onboard
    Brians right :) test it on another monitor, if the problem persists then suspect the card.

If the problem is gone then the monitor is in the process of failing and its time to invest in a new one :)

~~ TS ~~