Monitor color issues

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xKrNMBoYx, Oct 16, 2010.

1. xKrNMBoYx

xKrNMBoYx Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4850 512MB
    Hello, so a while back i started to use one of my spare monitors to do a dual monitor setup. They are both HP monitors, and they are both 4:3 screens. Physically they are the same size as far as the screen goes, I think I read that they use different kind of screens though.

The problem is that the two monitors colors do not match no matter how I edit the color settings. When they are reset the color contrast is so different, and when I match it closely with one thing it looks off with another thing.

I'm running the two monitors on a Gigabyte Radeon 4850 512MB. I forgot to say they two HP monitors are NOT the exact same models. One is HP Pavilion f1703 and one is an HP vs17e. I wish I could find drivers for both of these monitors cause as usual they are only using generic drivers when the drivers could be an issue.

Another thing I suspect is the DVI to VGA Adapters. Both of the type that comes from ATI Video Card. The thing is one is a single link adapter (less pins) and one is a dual link adapter (all pins) Can this be a reason my colors aren't coming out?

Sadly I purchased another dual-link just incase for $2.50.

What do you guys think?

.:edit:.

I just read about different DVI adapters like , DVI-A, DVI-D, DVI-I. I havent checked which ones I'm using. I think mine are DVI-I single and dual link

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Most likely, it's the fact that your monitors just have different colour dyes. That happens when you mix two different monitors for multi-monitor. This is why people always suggest to use the same monitor model for multi-screens.

deltatux