Monday Internet Explorer 9 arrives

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 10, 2011.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Im happy with comodo dragon browser

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    not really impressed with the rc. chrome is faster imo

3. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I like IE9 and have had good luck with it with streaming movies. I've had too many crashes with Firefox. Chrome isn't too bad, I use that sometimes. Honestly most of the problems I've experience on the web were from Flash crashing video drivers, but I think that's been resolved.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Probably because I have plugins and tweaks done in FireFox to make it faster.

Chrome on average loads a page in 1.5s, while FireFox's current, of the same page, is 0.5s

Not really a huge deal, as it's still mostly instant, but I'm happy with FireFox, and it's faster...so why change to the new "hip" kid, Chrome. I feel like alot of people are using it just to try to feel like they're using the latest and greatest software.

To me, Chrome is like a iPhone.

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Man, Firefox fans are like Apple fans; deny everything else.

Here, happy?

http://html5test.com/

Chrome 11:
    293+13

FF4:
    255+9

But hey, at least I'm not trying to say Chrome is perfect and godly. It's just a damn browser with extensions and good speed, Firefox is very fast as well. Hell, even IE9 is very fast and has full hardware acceleration.

6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    IE9 thread so I will speak freely !

I messed with FF when it was cool and leet to use it back in early 2000's, now its bloated and slow.

IE has less add ons which is bad on one hand but why its secure on the other hand as part of the core OS.

I miss some of the functions that no longer work in IE7PRO with IE9 (most worked with IE8) but the spell checker works and there is 1 or 2 alternatives for spell checking that I have checked out (I'm pretty sure IE7PRO spell checker did not work in the IE9 Beta but does on the RC).

IE9 works with nearly EVERY site I use as if a site does not work but worked in older IE you simply click the Compatibility Button up top, simple !

At the end of the say its not RTM yet and sites will update to work with it.

7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Im loving the IE9 RC except for one thing that kinda bothers, I cant delete my history.....not matter what I do, wipe the history in IE9 or CCleaner. I got to the url to type and everything pops up like I never cleared the history at all. Drives me nuts. Anyone else have this problem?

8. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Sound like a glitch with some stuck files.

This old App will clean it all out no problem !

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html

I used it a few times when before CCleaner was update to do it properly in Win7, in fact I bet you could run all the normal clean up methods and that old App would still find and clean some left over !

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    MS better have fixed the problems IE9RC has....it's been the worst browser as far as page compatibility.... I've actually started using Firefox 4 Beta 12 more frequently as it's the only stable browser now.... In fact, this is the only site IE doesn't appear to have some issue with. Chrome is "hit or miss" with pages containing any type of scripting. IE9RC has the same issues with Javascript as the first public beta had (at least in MY personal experience)... If Mozilla can avoid screwing up Firefox before it's finally released...I may end up switching to it completely. The theme I'm using gives it the same feel as Chrome. Just have to get used to not having my favorites immediately available on a toolbar at the top of the browser window.... Any addons for this?

IE4.....IE5....IE6....IE7...... Even I was less excited about those releases... I'm so excited about IE9, that I almost care about it's official release...

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Ironic that you call FF fans like Apple fans. That's exactly how I feel about Chrome fans, they're new "OMG< I HAVE TO HAVE THE LATEST iProduct"

Regardless, in my experience, FF has been faster to tests I conducted on my own, and that's all that matters.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Chrome is undoubtedly the faster browser, it looks cleaner, uses less resources than FF even a vanilla install. All these tweaks and add-ons and plug-ins you claim just bloat the browser down. My friend still uses FF and has tons of plugins and add-ons installed and his FF browser looks like a bombs hit it. Chrome has a much cleaner look to it. Plus in that recent test where a group of hackers tried to find vulnerabilities within the different browsers Chrome came on top beating all the other browsers.

Also you claim that Chrome is like Apple and its "i" products. Well I use Chrome as my main and only browser, and I f2king hate Apple and their "i" products. If you think Chrome is the same, then the same can be said for FF back when it was new too, maybe your just jealous that something better, faster, cleaner, and more secure has come along and now your the one "sad" kid without the "cool" browser any more :p

12. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    If my auntie had a penis she'd be my uncle.

13. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 RX 8gb
    One thing that i love about chrome is the bookmarks and saves them to your gmail, also fast!!

Cant wiat for IE 9 though.

14. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    brool story co

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will wait for Firefox 4 I dont trust IE

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yes, that's why there is iGoogle, iSearch, iGmail

Right, Google totally isn't doing the whole Apple thing.

18. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    That's just a HTML 5 computability test. Most of those tags aren't used anyway.
    The HTML 5 standard is not final yet, that's why none of the browsers score a perfect 400.

So this score won't have an impact on your browsing experience!

[​IMG]

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    So I installed the latest Chrome.

Takes more RAM than FireFox does, even with all the plugins. Also, it runs like...10 chromes?

I don't know how to explain it, but in my process manager, there are like 10 Chrome processes, Firefox only has one. It's also using way more of my CPU, random spikes of 30% CPU usage, Firefox only ever used 5% spikes.

=/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  20. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I've never seen Chrome use more then 1% of my cpu.

I get like 5-6 chromes when surfing in processes, not that I care since its fast.