Moments in games that made you go « OMG!!! »

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Zenoth, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Rapelay. ROTFL.

2. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    FEAR 2, in a cut scene with a computer guy, when he said: "Stop picking your nose", and guess what i was doing at that very moment, PICKING MY NOSE!! One truly OMG moment LOL

3. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    vampire the masquerade : bloodlines

i wow'd alot throughout that game, by far one of the best games i have played.
    i would go more into details, but i don't want to spoil anything.

4. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    1. Booting up Doom 3 for the first time on a Pentium III 1GHz and GeforceFX 5200. A bit choppy on Medium but damn it looked good.
    2. Half-Life 2 Episode 1 ending
    3. Call of Duty: UO the opening level in the snowy forest.
    4. Call of Duty 2 Opening level for the American campaign, scaling the cliffs.

5. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    MGS4: boss battle between MG REX and MG RAY and Final Boss battle

God Of War 1 & 2: epic boss battles, music and gameplay

Burnout Paradise: carshes, barrell rolls, graphices, everything

company of heros: best WW2 strategy game ever made

FF7: best RPG of all time. when you summon bahamut and odin and ofcourse the best summon was neo bahamut, pure awsomeness and ofcourses when you perform the limits. just wow. it blew me away back then. and ofcourse the chocobo race :)

FFX: CGs, gameplay, overdrives, storyline, 2nd best RPG of all time. tidus was just awsome character. performing the jecht shot also was cool.

GTA 4: everything about it is just WOW

heavenly sword: stunning visuals and gameplay. but very very VERY short game.

how can i forgot shadow of clossus: this game should me be remade on ps3. climbing the huge monsters and stabbing them in their weak points. and the horse. oh man that game was full of emotion and action and everything you could think of in a game.

uncharted: hilarious drake, best looking game on ps3. amazing cutscenes during gameplay. car falling of cliffs, explosion of the submarine, El-dorado, everything.

i can't think of something else right now.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. shish

shish Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GT260
    Alien VS Predator 1 : Insane online gameplay (MPlayer it was??). Favorite part is on Stranded map in Skirmish mode being a Predator !!! Xtreme Frisbee Anyone? !!!

God of War Series: Just perfect. Combo system is nice !!!

HL serie: Best storyline ever !!! HL1: the part in the alien world is EPIC.

Mirror's Edge: Falling down a building makes me shiver.

Great thread by the way !!!

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Playing F.E.A.R. late at night with all the lights off, then meeting Alma for the first time. Not cool.

I unloaded a whole clip, then got up and turned all the lights back on.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    not a pure gaming moment but one night i was playing doom 3 ho hum, it was cold so i was wearing my hoodie sweatshirt, going down one hallway or another one of them demons pops out of the wall at the exact instant my cat decides my hoodie looks like a nice place to perch on my shoulder and launches himself onto my back i jumped in my chair yelled what the bleep and lost about 10 years off my life, and i think the demon killed me to boot, in game.

9. stooeh

stooeh Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295 1792MB
    lol that made me chuckle, can't think of anything that's not been said already such as every new summon in FF7 in first play through, MOHAA omaha beach landing, the top of a high perch looking down to paradise in Farcry, Half-Life intro then the bit when the swat team appear to 'save you', twist in KOTOR etc :)

Oh and the FF7 bleem demo back in the day :)

10. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Dude, I thought my video card was tweakin out. XD

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    HaHa at above, think we all were just about to reach for the reset button with that scene, which was rather genius, and works best on the PC version.

12. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Legacy of Kain: Defiance - The end of the game/series when you find out what Raziel really is, and suddenly everything makes sense from the last 3 games. The only time that a game has left me speechless. They are still my fav games to date. :)

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Then you should try "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident", one of the best real time space stratergy games. It's better than Homeworld 2 in my opinion.

14. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    I found some parts of Crysis just epic, like I was watching a good movie.
    Especially the VTOL escape part, when you fly between mountains and the sphere, you have tropic on left, snow on right, tornados in the middle that suck you down to the ground...
    Many people complained that it was too long and stupid, but I loved it.

Now I'm playing Fallout 3, I'm a big big big fan of 1 and 2 (2 especially) and a couple of times I had this OMG moments... when the night falls and you stand on a wasteland seeing those miles and miles of void around you and feeling like someone's watching you who you cannot see and you hear some noise of a hostile critter... And you can go anywhere you like but you have no bloody idea where to... That was not to be experienced in previous Fallout releases, for sure. I'm very impressed with that!

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The final scene in Mass Effect, as well as the final scene in Half Life 2 Episode 2.

16. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    :)

World of warcraft - I threw my friend off ulduar with a demolisher, that was a good laff on vent

Starcraft 64 - Do the barrel roll!, I mean cmon... what game has that now a days

Dead Space - When the alien thingy first came down from the ceiling and you had no weapon, i was like well F!@king GG haha

Conkers BFD - The Matrix scene, Fak yeah... bunny was hawt :)

COD4 - The crawling scene after nuke, OMG why make this stage... yay im crawling and dying...

COD4 - When Price slides you the pistol and you cap that bad guy

Rock Band - Im so sick.... Me doing screamo was lolol

FEAR2 - Last scene, Babies! o_O om nom nom haha

WC3: are you a retard map,
    My friend chose to be the master, loads up map... insta kill with the message "you are a retard"
    I touched the crate of gold, insta killed with "you are a retard"

FEAR 1 & 2 - Bombs going off by a body = puff of blood

Crysis - Omg, you can throw chickens and kill people with it

N64 South Park - yellow snowball!

DOA 4 - Christies pole dancing technique!

DOAX2 - omg boobies

Soul Caliber 2 - Taki

Bayonetta - She freakin started up the motorcycle with her middle finger o_O

Ill post more later :)

17. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Undying.....the whole thing. I just thought it was a creepy storyline as well as creepy as hell. Especially when i was 16 or 17 lol.

The first time I saw 3dfx Glide with my own eyes, it was Star Wars Jedi Knight and I was blown away, it was on my dads computer....awsome, then after that it was Quake 2 on a Vodoo2....simply amazing.

Seeing boobs on Duke Nukem Atomic Edition and asking them if they "wanted to dance" "shake it baby" lololol, being a kid and seeing that was crazy. "Your face, your ass, whats the difference?"

My first multiplayer game on our home network with my dad was doomII and duke nukem and destorying my dad and my brother was probably the coolest thing back then.....until my dad realized how good he was at C&C:Red Alert.

LOL, Playing Warcraft (the original) and pushing the turbo button on my 486 dx2 33 (turbo making it 66mhz) and watching my little guys walk twice as fast lol.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats not Starcraft :D

Thats Star Fox aka Lylat Wars

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Afterburner?

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i used to play that game in the arcades :D

Star Fox is allot cooler though, not to mention in 3D :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009