Modern Warfare Map Removed After Complaints From Muslim Gamers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified Sli OC
    You make some good points, and it nice that you stated them without insulting anyone, which seems to be most peoples first reaction.

However I don't entirely agree. Say that an organisim evolves and it takes 1000 different changes before arriving at the end result. I guess you could argue that the organism in question got to were it is in an evolutionary sense by pure chance. This I can agree with in a sense. But even that being so how does said organism know that changeing at all is beneficial to it. The answer is it doesn't because it is just a collection of different elements/molecules or what have you.

Just because when something evolves it might take 10000 differnt variations doesn't change the fact (to me anyways) that there seems to be an intelligence moving it any direction as far as change goes. It doesn't make sense to me for something to change itself drastically for no reason. I could honestly go on and on about this and I feel like I'm not articulating what I'm thinking as well as I could.

One more thing. I think most human beings would agree we have an intelligent conciousness. Some people call it a soul. I don't think many people would argue with that. Now as far as Im aware no scientist or theory including the theory of evolution comes close to explaining were this comes from.

2. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Why couldn’t God have made things through evolution. Why could that not be possible? I know some people hate the whole idea of evolution but I personally don't see an issue with it or why one would disprove the other.

3. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I call it a brain.
    Drink a few pints of beer (or your choice of tipple) and watch your "soul" slow down and lose ability to function correctly.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ Good example :)

5. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    Lots of different organisms have brains. That doesn't make them concious or aware of their own existence. So for me that doesn't really explain a thing. Sure drinking will impair your ability to think but I've never been so drunk/high that I have lost sight of the fact that I am a concious entity.

6. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    dumbass developers, all i can say

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Not quite pure chance 'survival of the fittest which is one of the underlying elemnts of evolution, chance may have a role in the genetic mutation that arises but survival of the fittest determines if it goes on to live long enough to pass that mutation on. If it works then it does if it doesn't then it dies out.

That's the watchmaker theory talking. Again you're assuming that the evolving creature is aware or actively partaking in it's own evolution. That it knows that it's mutation is useful to it. The reality is the creature won't be aware it will live, if it's mutation works it survives long enough to pass the mutation on if it fails it dies out and it's mutation dies with it.

The process sounds is actually shockingly unguided, and yeah in many ways it does seem like pure random chance and for a large part it is. The flaw with the way creationism as well as evolution is described is that creatures evolved to deal with their natural habit, the statement seems to suggest an active knowledge by the creature that it knew what it needed to do to survive better when in fact it was mostly random mutations with the best random ones surviving long enough to be passed on.

Well that's one of those faith things and comes down to whatever you want to believe personally I don't believe in a soul, a non definable thing that somehow makes use what we are, it is something that has been beaten in to us over many years by various religions and has gone on in a more modern world to being a thing that people believe some how makes them special.

The reality is we are just what we are, their is nothing special about us we just got lucky enough to be able to create a non physical almost mythical / spiritual thing we call a soul that we believe defines us as being special. Saying that all power to anyone who believes in a soul or a defining thing that makes them special.

8. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

What pushes this evolution? Why do things change? I’m interested in this thought but I don’t totally understand. Why would an organism change for no reason?

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you need to drink more! then all will be revealed.....

p.s be carefull though :)

10. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Dude, logic doesn't work that way.
    Prove me that there isn't a tiny grain of sand that sings hallelujah. Same thing as saying "God exists because you can't prove he doesn't exist".
    And no, evolution does not mean that. You have played too much pokemon.

11. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Logic tells me that it’s much more likely that this life I see was part of a design and not just some random change of absolutely no reason. Logic tells me that intelligent design is a lot more likely than everything we know is just a big accident.

That’s a lot different than a singing grain of sand.

That’s just the way I see it but I will respect everyone’s opinion.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The 'change for no reason' statement you made suggests a rational behind the change, organism don't just change because they have a reason for it, nor do they remain the same just because everything is hunky dory, it's a fundamnetal part of life, the change is on going all the time, it doesn't wait until something gives it a push to change it changes because that's part of life.

13. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    If I understand your answer correctly, you're saying life is changing all the time because change is a fundamental part of life. Not very satisfactory answer in my opinion. More like a "politician's reply", if you know what I mean.:)You gotta try harder.

14. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    Logic doesn't work that way? Why? Because you say so. Since when were you a recognized authority on logic. If your going to say there is somethign wrong with my logic then at least back that up with facts.

And about your evolution comment, I got that definition from a dictionary so I don't know if you just make things up to suit your argument or what. Also when did I say "God exists because you can't prove he exists." Now your just making things up to suit your own argument. Seems to be a pattern here. Everyone else that replied to what I said backed up whatever argument they put forward with some facts, and even if I don't agree they atleast made a positive contribution to the argument, can't really say the same about your post.

Anyways this will be my last post here. In the end I really don't care what any of you guys believe. I know what my beliefs tell me, and I can honestly say I am better off for having them. Not sure many of you can say the same. But I really don't see much point in arguing in circles about a topic that can't be proven either way. I guess the only reason I posted in the first place was because I read some really disrespectful comments about such and such belief is stupid. I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people posting these classless insults are under the age of 25 with little to no actual life experience. Correct me if Im wrong but I would wager that I'm not. But this has devolved into a pointless circular debate so I think I'll bow out now. I have much better things to do with my time.

15. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Bad choice of words from me again. I wanted to say "admit that there COULD BE some higher consciousness..." not "there IS...". I used too strong expression for the infidels.:) Man I wish english was my native language.

Sorry but for me saying that we haven't proven the existence of more intelligent living creature (what about dolphins?_what do we know about the inhabitants of the lowest depths of the oceans? Not much.. Not mentioning other solar systems or even galaxies..) therefore there aren't any shows an elevated level of pride and condescension with a taste of ignorance.

My limited understanding and lack of linguistic resources make me incapable of explaining the massive voluminosity of this term. The same goes for explaining enlightenment. Ask uncle Google, I cannot be of service here.

I agree "western" culture reached unprecedented level of humanity on the surface. But deep inside there is a total mess.

I often tend to be overly ironic in the wrong places or use puns which contradict the meaning of the sentence. Mr. Spock's reference falls within both these "habits". (I used the word "fascinating" and I know Spock was an example of strictly rational, scientific mind with suppressed emotions.)

Not the best analogy I could've come up with, sure. I will try to improve my analogies, but it's a long-term objective.:)
    I just wanted to say there are certain things people tend to accept without any doubts, not looking for scientific proofs at all.
    So I wonder where do all those doubts about existence of a higher intelligence/consciousness/whatever come from?
    Partially all the religions are to blame for all the atrocities they commited over the millennia and partly pride of our glorious achievements in adjusting the world around us to our benefits which makes us immune to humility.

16. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Charles Darwin, Life and Letters, 1887 vol. 2 p. 229
    • Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a phantasy

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  17. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Don't we all, by playing videogames and diving into virtual worlds, devote ourselves to someone elses' phantasy rather than living our own ''boring'' realities?

Btw. Darwin should try to play Alan Wake at night with headphones on his head - THAT would guarantee him solid dose of cold shudders!:)

Also maybe some hot shudders of rage when trying to aim with analog sticks on a gaypad.

18. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I was hoping to see ignorant comments, just not so soon!

19. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    There are so many things science can't explain

A bulletproof man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01dvEflfJ4

The police wanted to arrest the naked man in the video because he had killed a police officer. But the man refused to cooperate and challenged the police. Police officers began to shoot him but the bullets can't hurt him. They spent at least 107 bullets until one of the neighbors told the police that the man wore a ring that made him bulletproof (no he's not Master Frodo). A sniper then shot the ring and after that the police's bullet can kill the man.

Needles and nails in a woman's feet:

[​IMG]

http://translate.google.co.id/translate?sl=id&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=id&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.detik.com%2Fread%2F2012%2F09%2F27%2F024052%2F2039013%2F10%2F69-jarum-dan-paku-diangkat-dari-kaki-supiyati&act=url

The needles started to appear inside her legs right after he married her husband. Seems like someone got jealous...
    This voodoo-like thing is called santet here.

Easy scientific explanation: they are fake.

My easy explanation: they are the work of the devil. The devil exist and so is God
    Feel free to bash my explanation...

20. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    My explanation: They're the work of the great unicorn.

Because it doesn't work that way. It doesn't prove anything. You can't prove something exists by saying "prove it doesn't exist". That means nothing, it has no substance.
    And I'd say your dictionary sucks. Things don't just "evolve" into "better" things. That isn't the goal of any organism. They mutate, and those mutations might cause the organism to have traits that help the organism to cope better in the environment. Therefore it is statistically more likely that the mutated population will overtake the old un-mutated population's place in the environment.
    Artificial selection is a form of evolution, except that the environment doesn't change but the breeder selects those plants/animals which exhibit the traits that the breeder desires. So the breeder acts as the "changing" environment that is less hospitable for the old un-mutated population.
    But you gotta understand that the plant/animal/organism doesn't consciously take steps into some certain direction, as that is just impossible.