Modern Warfare 3 reveal soon

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by faded, May 9, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hearing alot of good/decent things about the SP, i really enjoyed COD4, but MW2 just felt like more of the same, and a chore to finish, even though it was short.

Is this an improvement?

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
  3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    How about Yom Kippur War ? I mean, no games (AFAIK) about it, multiple fronts, could be few missions per each day, desert combat...

How cool would that be ? Turkey did not take part in it, so playing it should not be that big problem for Mr. BigTime either.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    dont know SP yet, but MP is improved i say.. but shame SKYRIM will arrive tomorrow and i will play this less :(

5. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
  6. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Great Screenshot :) Just started playing MW3 and it's brilliant, even the physx alone is cool... :)

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow i read in the newspaper that they estimate 9.3 million games have been sold on day #1

8. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I have BAD performance in Modern Warfare 3 ?

Both GPU´s stuck at 30-35% and cant get over 47 FPS ?

Anyone else with this problem ?

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
  10. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes mate me, look a page back...mates have been helping me but no way, today i reinstalled the game, put the new drivers, new Physx and SAME i cant get more than 47 FPS on SLI

so far i tried all

image quality on ALL values
    only 1 GPU
    even if i take out VSYNC i get the SAME FPS lol

this is epic

maybe a problem with 580's ?

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Someone said the 47fps-bug was related to using a cracked copy. If that's the case, well, you know the answer ;)

12. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yeah i tested from 1,2,3,4 and 5 and 0 wich is native in ALL i get SAME FPS...wich is 47 like the mate above

i dont know if its a problem with the 580's...

new 285.79 and physix installed and same thing so i doubt its the drivers

13. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I wasn't actually offering a solution to your problem, I was just letting everyone know about this in case they didn't know as I didn't until today. I would have never thought to check for anything above extra as it's always the highest.

GL with your problem though.

14. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Well its not ?

I bought it on G2PLAY.net yesterday :0(

15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    nope aint c*ked this is a bug from the game %"$%"$%"$%"%$%&#%&&#%) :bang:

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just an idea ;) No chance to raise utilization and frames when you crank up AA?

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just finished the single player. Took me 7 hours. And overall... I liked it. It's a lot of fun, and a huge step up from MW2. Everything about it just feels better, more solid... then MW2.
    And while the story is still over the top, this time is doesn't feel like an ADD Micheal Bay took the story and ran wild with it.

After playing both BF3 and MW3... I prefer MW3. While BF3 may have the better visuals, and people may go "OMFG" for it's MP, for me MW3 just delivers a better experience.
    I'm a single player game, and yeah, I didn't have much in the way of "high hopes" for a single player from BF3, but I hoped that the visuals combined with some solid gunplay would make for some fun gunfights.
    But in the end, BF3 is boring. Minus a few cool moments, it just feels like it's trying to copy MW actually (or CoD in general).

Not to say that MW3 is the better game. As for some, BF3 would be the better game... just for me personally, MW3 was more fun, longer and actually "felt" better in regards to the single player.

18. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
  19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Hmm.... i can explain the reason for this... and it's not that hard, either. Take a look at what happens when you tell a newly avid Battlefield player that you like MW3.... and immediately don your flame resistant suit. Now that Dice has released something new after a little hiatus, they have something to troll again.

And I think it's kinda funny. A friend of mine wasn't sure on getting MW3... kept telling me it's basically just Black Ops. He didn't like the idea of the weapon leveling stuff, even though in all actuality, the only recent Call of Duty game that didn't have a form of weapon specific leveling WAS Black Ops, which ditched the experience in lieu of a currency system. The only difference is that MW3 actually has a bar to show you the weapon level. He now has it... actually came down on launch night to wait in line shortly to pick up the game (only 5 people in line for PS3 when i got to WalMart at 10PM.... and i think by the time midnight came around.... there were MAYBE 25-30 people. Xbox had probably close to 100, if not more)... and just sent me a text from work not too long ago saying he would rather be gaming.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Right now I'm feeling really sad seeing how many steps back MW3 took from Black Ops.
    The game itself feels fine, a little faster than BO but their new ideas come in handy. The maps are a mixed bag as they give me the impression of being "overfilled". Lay out a nice, relatively tight map, then throw in all kinds of boxes, cars and other random stuff :D Many of them remind me of old MW1 and 2 maps though so I had really hoped for more "new" ideas.
    What I dislike most is the interface. P2P doesn't cut it, especially with the already low playercount. There were not even 90k people online yesterday, compared to ~150k for MW2 and ~130k for BO after launch it's a clear sign how PC players think about it.
    In comparison to MW1 (and even more BO) the whole Create-a-class, challenges and so on give me lots of confusion. BO was really straight forward and MW2 tried to make you go for some of the challenges.
    In MW3 I always wonder why the funny "level up" sound comes on when I finish some sort of challenge I didn't even know of.
    I played with some friends last night and dropped out of BF3 after around 2 hours as I couldn't stand it anymore, continued with MW3 and finished the day with BO. I had the most fun with BO actually.