Modern Warfare 3 reveal soon

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by faded, May 9, 2011.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    to say the next cod is gonna be awfull and looks terrible i think is a bit unfair.

but i wont be getting the next one just because there are going to be plenty of titles more deserving of my cash...

cods for me have always run well and the mp good fun.

2. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Unless I get this as a gift I won't be buying it. The trailer was so uninspiring, I actually got bored watching it. I have no problem with the COD series I just wish they'd put more time and effort into it. One year is not long enough to make a decent, new game and that's clear to see. Copy and paste job to be honest.

I still play COD4 now and then as it was the one I enjoyed the most.

3. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    A friend of mine goes to a lot of gaming conventions for game battles with his team(They compete in black ops) and all the COD players are thinking of jumping ships to HALO lol Kind of sad if you think about it. The game is not that bad, but even a 10 year old would think that it's an expansion pack for MW2 lol

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    .. wait.. people still play call of duty games!?

ugh.. weak.

imo this series has been left like a washed up shipwreck rusting away slowly on a beach.. i wouldnt even accept a crap game like this as a gift!

6. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
  7. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Sheesh all the dam mouning lol

Do what i did, pre order both :D

8. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Shame really, gaming owes quite a lot to Call of Duty in a way, and now I can't really see the franchise leaving with much grace.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    What does gaming owe CoD? I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic, I'm honestly asking. Because I can't see anything the series has done that other games didn't do before it.

10. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Killstreaks, worst thing to be introduced to the FPS genre.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Right after senseless unlocks, invented by Battlefield 2.

You can always play CoD without all the additional stuff in one of the "barebones" modes. Problem solved.

@damien: Lots of games have lots of interesting features and nice parts. CoD has always been good at picking the "best" ideas and combining them to a single game. Not entirely new but new in that combination and new at that level of quality.
    It's also the only game I know that features both a well-done singleplayer part and a very well-balanced multiplayer part.
    They're also easy to learn and get into, many people prefer this to a clunky game.

12. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Really? I find it makes the game quite fun.. Without them, it would be a very bland shooter.

MW2 took it a bit far, I agree. But it looks like they are trying to balance it up a bit now.

13. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Just read something interesting, MW3 comes with LAN support.

Something not many games are coming with these days..

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    couldnt agree more.

you now have all the so called "elitists" having b!tchfits when they die :wanker:

weather it be in bf or cod

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    not so fun when some one just spams the crap out of the heavy kill streak rewards, or when its so easy to get kills for em.That's one reason why I don't play codmw mp now days

16. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Killstreak whore would be one of those players that use ghost,ninja and silencer w/ the cheapest gun in the game, like say the famas in BLOPS, camp it out and killstreak away. Sounds like fun to you guys?

Plus, I like to add Last Man Standing, Ghost and Martydom to my most hated perks. Can you imagine, trying to pick the giant dog tags just to die via martydom and you have it too, so the next guy dies attempting to score some dog tags. That would be kinda funny actually.

17. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

Killstreaks are nothing but dumbing down for the casuals.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Why would someone camping use Ninja? They'd rather use Hacker or something as they don't have to move fast & quietly.
    I like Ghost as it's a perfect counter-measure against all those camping freaks with their killstreaks. They don't see you coming and they can't kill you cheaply with one of their shiny gadgets.
    The changes they made for MW3 seem to make sense though as they split it up, requiring all three perks to be something stealthy.

@jonnyboy: The funniest moment is when one of the heavy killstreaks arrives and doesn't get a single kill. Even the big helicopters are useless in hardcore when most people are using Ghost as they can't spam the map due to friendly fire.

19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the most coveted title this holiday season, according to a survey of 5,000 active US gamers conducted by Nielsen.

Source
    [​IMG]

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Got to laugh that more people want Lego Harry Potter than Fifa or Skyrim.

Toughest games of the last few years those Lego games though, must be aimed at mensa kids, or are maybe "adult" are just too easy nowadays.

Not surprsing about MW3 though is it.