Modern Warfare 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sublime20, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's mostly a problem of the gametype, not the game itself. Depending on player count and mentality even Deathmatch can be exciting (like a hunting game), most of the time it's the campfest you describe though.
    If you want to get around that you may like to play Headquarters or any of the other team-and objective-based modes.

2. deets75

deets75 Guest

hm. i cant find the manual, which is stupid but i dont know what all the other multiplayer modes are about and would be handy to have a basic clue before i join one.

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i played 2 hours straight today only to find that i finished 15% out of 100% (SP compaign)

maybe only 4-5 hours for most people, but 500 hours for me :D

4. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's stupid. Good games are and should be challenging in normal dificulty.

Normal difficult is how every game should be played, easy is for the casual crowd, hard for the hardcore, very hard for those who just can't get enough.

Modern Warfare 3 is way too short, especially for a game that supposedly concludes the story. It's ~5 hours long, gimme a break.

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hmm, well, MW is kinda like a movie. So 5 hours is pretty good if you think of it like that.

6. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    The percentage thing is also based on how much intel you collect, I finished the game in just under 5 hours on normal, and it still only said 50% complete - I only bothered to pick up two bits of intel in the whole campaign!

Still, it runs quite nice (as expected) at 1080p everything maxed with 16AF but no AA.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, it has been like this for years now. Casuals can choose between easy and normal, if you want to be challenged you can choose either hard or veteran. Pretty easy actually.
    Veteran also gives you a nice indication of how the multiplayer will most probably feel as you can't just run out into the open and spray around.

If you say it's too short one problem is your way to play it. Fallout 3, a huge rpg, can be finished in less than 10 hours. You can easily spend 100 hours also. The difference here isn't as big but you may get the picture. If you sprint through the missions on easy, without looking left and right, of course it will be over very fast.

@deets: You should be able to find descriptions online, on the other hand this game unlocks further modes only after you ranked up several times. As long as you don't play hardcore the game will tell you what to do.

@grim: 100% means finishing it on veteran. I don't think the intel counts in on that.

8. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    uber happy i didnt buy this rehashed crap. looks like black ops will be my last cod game i've bought. R.I.P cod, the first 2 were really good then you started to lose it, then you just got really greedy. long live king bf3.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ok thanx for commenting for a game u never bought.

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I cant blame him though, there are so many reviews and comments out everywhere on the net, i guess one can get a pretty good impression how it would turn out, esp when you bought MW1, 2 and BLOPS.

And in general you dont need to try out everything just to find out if its really crap, or would you jump from a balcony just to see if the stories about broken legs are actually true? :D

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You'd know it wasn't for you if you like none of the other CoDs, yes. But that's about it there.

Both of the recent "3" games have one problem in common though, at least for me: Weird maps. I don't like them in either one of the games and I find it hard to distinguish one from the other.
    I always had a bunch of favorite maps after I had played matches once or twice but here it seems to be different. I still prefer Black Ops after all, sad but true.

12. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
  13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Enjoying this game, like i did in MW2. I love the matchmaking system, never had trouble with it.

Can't believe so much people hate this game :3eyes:

15. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    It's a big step up from MW2 IMO, there's a lot of little changes that all add up and make the game more enjoyable. The matchmaking is better but still a little flawed, the main issue I seem to get is it puts me in a full game and boots me out instantly after it loads which gets a little annoying after the 50th time.

The game got a lot more fun after disabling the voice and text chat LOL, no more abuse and whine from n00bs every round.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The biggest problem with matchmaking is the inconsistency. It's just bad when you get interrupted due to host change or a "good" lobby gets separated because the host leaves.
    The experience thus is erratic and you can't have a "favorite" place to go to.

Am I the only one not really liking the maps? Maybe it's because I can't play them in any of the usual modes I like (no matching playlist), hopefully I can find out after they update them.

17. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I actually enjoy pretty much all the maps, there's only a couple I'd rather not play. Plus you can vote now which is great. MW2 had more maps I hated, the huge camp fest maps mostly.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The voting is a great thing to come back, yes. Definitely right. Many small things that made their way back or are totally new making this a better game than MW2.
    I liked some of its maps better though. Maybe that feeling will vanish again, who knows.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    well i cant argue wwith what u saying :).

actualy cant argue with what people like and dislike..its just not normal. the thing i know, which was TRUE for me previously, when i didnt know the STEAm. i was using warez games. because three was no way for me to buy legal games easly and at normal price. and then i was like this game is sht that game is crap..because it was free. but now i PAY and i say: well, its okay, or even i say its sht but i know i paid and tried..

wish tehre is DEMO of this game but shame not :(

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    didn't know about the percentage thingy, nice.

yee, the game runs great here maxed out with 32x csaa (forced in cp) butter smooth with framerates well over 60fps, res is the common 1680x1050. ;)

loved the airplane mission.