Modern Warfare 2 Sells 4.7M in 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Nov 13, 2009.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You kidding, the 360 version was out to download like 10 days before release date, the PC one came like the day after release.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, and the 360 one still looks like it outsold the PC by at least 10-1, 100-1 if Steam figures are to go by.

That just makes the PC gamers look like even worse pirates.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like redemption said, they don't care how many copies they don't sell, they care how many copies they sell. And yes, consoles are outselling pc in this case by at least 50-1...

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah but that was expected, console gamers are idiots, they buy any old ****. IW only needs to look at the pre-order numbers on the PC and how many were cancelled in the last 2 weeks before release to see how they killed themselves.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What sort of an argument is that? Console gamers are idiots? How exactly has that anything to do with anything? And thank you very much! I own a ps3 but got MW2 for my pc. Because I prefer mouse + keyboard. You have to realize one thing. They DON'T care who they sell the game to. If they could sell it to chimps, they would. It's all about money!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I'm sure someone's gonna badger me about this, but I was actually hoping that MW2 for PC was a Games for Windows game. Allowing me to plug in my controller if I wanted. I always like choices and for single player that would've been nice. Ofc, I'd prefer using the keyboard mouse but sometimes I like the vibration of the controller reacting to rounds being fired. Adds another level of immersion.

deltatux

7. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would of liked the choice of using a controller with the SP game, would of made it much challenging, also would of like to of added some achievement points lol.

Console gamers are idiots?? The attitude of some people on here is shocking, no wonder PC gaming is failing these days.

8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    hmm i dont get whats so good about the 360 version .... its pants compaird to the pc one, i have played both and the pc one is better in graphics,controles,players(tones of bunny hopper on 360 and drop shotters) but that my opinion

9. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070

Bang on the money they did this to themselves but they are still making a killing on console sales so doubt they lost any sleep over this we lost a pc developer and they lost a whole bunch of pc gamers see it equals itself out :chainsaw:

next game people next game

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Console gamers aren't idiots, and your post is not biased towards anything at all. :D

11. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    From the look of the sales it looks like they didn't kill themselves much at all. In fact I'm pretty sure they probably have a better health care plan than you now if you know understand what I'm trying to say.

12. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If the PC version wasn't filled with so many uncertainty, I would've gotten the game on the PC hands down. However, so many ppl ditched, that was my main concern. So I went with the next best thing, getting it on the X360.

EDIT: What's surprising is now a lot of my friends on Steam has the PC version of MW2, now I kinda feel bad on the decision, oh well, I still got tons of friends on the X360 version lol but ye, there are still people who would still get the game regardless. Even those who boycotted couldn't resist and got it on Steam.

deltatux

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes deltatux, there was a big uproar about the pc version. But this is COD. There was always going to be loads of people playing online. And there is. Haven't had a single problem with the online aspect of the game, plenty of players and lag free. 9v9 is fine with me as well...

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    http://dev.zr40.nl/steam/games

Audiosurf has 160,000 more players lol, 45,000 for a new game is pathetic.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No its not, its actually really good, and better than any other new game, its also growing about 10times quicker than any other game on their, which is fantastic considering the price has been released, and comparing it to Audiosurf, something that is a few years old, and retails for nearly nothing, and has been even cheaper than that.
    Even TF2 cost less than my Coffee this morning.

Silly boy.

No idea why you want it to sell bad, why would you want to them to believe that PC's suck, and shouldn't get anything more than MMORPG's.

16. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Even UT3 has 90,000 more players lol.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Of course it does as, UT3 is older than Jesus.

The majority of PC FPS fans don't play new games, most just waste their lifes trying to get good at one in particular.

Best for you to stop posting nonsense and wait to see how it fares against Left4Dead2.

18. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    no, it just tells IW that some of us aren't willing to pay more for less.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    But UT3 did bad enough, and everyone was like OMG MW2!!!! (even though CoD4 was average), it crashed and burned face it, especially now MP has been cracked anyway.