modern warfare 2 running on 5870

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by uffa, Dec 28, 2009.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
  2. frankenberrie

frankenberrie Member

GPU:
    ATi PC 5870 1GB 875/1225
    I play COD MWF2 maxed settings @ 1920x1200 without a hiccup, glitch or stutter..

9.12 Hotfix & Win 7 x64 Pro

3. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    You said it has to do with multiplayer ? Single player runs good ? I think you need to look at other areas. Like the crap p2p system it uses to connect to other players. Not even the top of the line card can save you from crap net code or the guy on the other side of the planet who happens to be hosting on a dialup connection. P2P sucks. Always has, always will.

Other people have this issue, it's called lag. I constantly troll the IW forums and have never seen issues brought up with video performance. It's always about IWnet.

Lag can often look like bad video performance. It's highly unlikely that it's the cards fault. Even on a dinosaur of an OS.

BTW, i run this peice of crap at 1680x1050 with 4x AA(edge detect enabled) all ingame settings maxed, with my system, smooth as butter. You should be having NO problems with your card. Maybe the odd hitch due to low system ram (2Gb is plenty for xp - you would only be able to go 3Gb anyway, any more is wasted on a 32 bit OS due to the 1Gb vram)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  4. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Setting the drawwater to zero solved it for me also a while back.I run this game maxed out with full fps now in mp.Ofcourse just for testing purposes,I find the game snappier with normal settings and high res when playing multi.
    In any case,this appears to be an ati issue,but disabling the command doesn't appear to make the game look any different,could be another nvidia feature to get people buying such cards.

ps. I run xp also.

5. Skylinee

Skylinee Member Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 780ti OC
    Major issues only in spec ops and singleplayer for me, the FPS can drop down to around 5 when there's big waves of enemies spawning, and it smooths out as the enemies dies. In Multiplayer there are no slowdowns whatsoever. I'm thinking it's because of the 512MB on my card.

6. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Could be , yes.Lower your graphics and resolution to rule out your gpu.
    I have no problems in single player.Runs happily at max settings.However,maybe I overlooked certain heavy duty moments,with lots of enemies running around.
    This can be a cpu thing,and will occur with even the fastest cpu at present.
    I played Red Faction: Guerrilla and had the issue of slowdowns when buildings crumbled to the ground.As did many others with various hardware.

But with mw2,it's as posted before,maps like estate and hightide lowers the fps into half,on my system,and gave a general feeling of lag all the time.While all other maps played smooth maxed out settings.89fps all the way,and on said maps,only between 30 and 40 fps.
    Now with this single setting disabled all maps run 89fps on my system regardles the settings.
    So they are two separate issues.

ps. I run my E8500 at 3.6Ghz,and my videocard at default.As for the rest it's pretty similar to your hardware.
    In any case,short stops and/or very low fps point towards a different problem then the one I described.

7. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    my friend has 8800 GTX and pentium 4...

he run COD at 1920*1200 with 2X aa

he never get under 55 FPS...

this game has no visuals that can cripple any GPU...
    more the less... its a console port...

8. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    You really should not talk authoritatively when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.