Modern Warfare 2: PC OR X360

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 5, 2009.

?

PC or XBOX 360

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. PC

81 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. XBOX 360

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Children? How original, you are the one spitting the dummy/pacifier though.

I don't like what IW has done either, but as a business decision i accept, and understand it.

PC games are getting dumbed down because no one is buying them, so they are either putting out effortless ports due to no money, or the dev's are copying the console style in an effort to get more sales, since the old way isn't working.

So what do you lot do, lets buy even less games :bang:

What will i learn? I have nothing to learn, you are the one that has to grow up, and accept that this is how things are going to be from now on.

This boycott has only made things worse.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I find your attitude very naive. However, I wouldn't normally belittle (in the way you did to me) someone by actually calling them childish... I find you very rude.

I'm not stupid and I do accept this is purely a financial descision but that is the reason I don't like it. It benefits them and not me.

Not true, the PC gaming market was worth $11 billion is 2008 and is still growing thanks to Steam and other such distribution networks.

You will learn that blindly supporting massive corporate organisations such as Activision will only benefit them in the long run.

Edit: If you need further proof... http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=4912

No-one can deny that MW2 on the PC is a step backwards in a lot of ways.

If you are happy with the 'product' then why try and gag people who are unhappy with Activision for the substandard PC version. What are you gaining?

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Naive? Yeah Yeah, the ones who expected this to be supported like MW1 are the naive ones, those days are gone.

Most of the PC markets revenue comes from online gaming, and other subscription based services, "standard" SP and MP games only account for a small fraction of that, and it pales in comparison compared to the same game on the PS3 and 360.
    Do you honestly think if there was real money in PC gaming, we would get so many poor ports, or have so little say in what happens? Come on be realistic.

The Sims3 has been the only real successful PC game this year.

I blindly support no organisation, and of course it benefits them in the long run, they are out to make as much money as possible by any means possible, they are a business afterall.
    Not sure why you seem to think i'm not aware of this fact.

I'm not 100% happy with it, i never am with any game, but its better overall than MW1, the SP is better, the MP has less idiots on it, and no more lag than MW1.
    Is it a step backwards? Yes of course it is, but there is not much i, or anyone else can do about it.

What do you think you will gain from moaning about it on here? It won't change anything.
    You could moan to Activision, but if you haven't bought it, they will just see you as a pirate bitching cause they made it more difficult for you.

I'm not trying to gag anyone who has the game and has a legitimate concern, but the people without the game are doing nothing more than spamming threads with the same thing over and over.

I don't care that you haven't supported this, but some members seem angry with the people that have, thats the attitude i have a problem with.

Edit: I saw that article yesterday, what does that prove, we already knew that is how gaming is going to evolve in the future, as i said above, that is where most of the money in PC gaming comes from.
    EA and Activision have both said this.

I don't agree with it, nor do i plan to pay for this, but if it helps put the PC on equal terms compared to the 360 and PS3, then so be it.

4. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    The point being that by buying it you give legitimacy to Infinity Ward's decisions, like them or not.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    And if you don't you considered another PC pirate, its a lose-lose situation.

Now im off to the pub for a few hours.

6. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Who said you have to play it? If anything pirating also gives them even more legitimacy for IW.net.

7. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    PC.
    Graphics are better and I can't stand a control pad, it must be a mouse and keyboard for an FPS. Control pads are only for racing and 3rd person games.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    im not even pirating the game tbh :eek: but really 33k sold in steam as of now it too costly there i think but i think it wont have such an lasting appeal as mw1 had and it wont get better with paying for maps on pc... it will sell like hot cakes on consoles not on pc