Modern Warfare 2: PC OR X360

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 5, 2009.

?

PC or XBOX 360

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. PC

81 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. XBOX 360

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    You should play more man, get used to the controls a bit more, they all play the same.
    you will be a master in no time :)

i totally agree with you

2. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I'd go for the console version.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Its far less than there used to be, 5years ago, very few PC gamers owned a console, these days most of them do.

Console gamers understand what PC gamers want, as do developers, most just don't care, because they see PC gamers as pirates and awkward people who start boycotts and petitions, but dont make them much money, while console gamers just take what they are given, and make them loads.

Which group would you cater for?

COD may of started on the PC, but didn't start making proper money till COD4, and most of those sales were on the 360, even PS3 gamers get the short end of the stick when it comes to multiplatform games.

If PC gamers want more say, buy more games, its a business, not a charity for gaming geeks.

I love PC gaming, but realise that 90% of stuff will be a port, but am still happy for better controls, improved visuals and a cheaper price.
    But im sick of hearing the same complaining for every single multiplatform game, get used to it!!!

4. Rodaxx

Rodaxx Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290x DD
    i got both versions, and after playing the pc version for hours - i couldn't play the xbox version anymore.

console just sucks for shooters. nuff said

gonna sell it

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Doesn't mean they use them.. I mean, I have an Xbox which primarily is used to play movies.. rarely will I sit and play a console when I have a rig that chews it up. Really, this point is pointless.

Yknow what.. if you like the game and don't care about how many features are removed and you still beleive its justified to spend MORE for less, that's fine and that's your opinion.
    But truly, I'm getting tired of reading BS like what's bolded above. You're claiming now that PC gamers are seen as awkward people that are all pirates?? I mean WTF dude.. how do you figure you even have any right to make a claim like this? Do you work for a game development company and have insight into how they view PC gamers? lol
    .. I really hope that you're joking with these comments, because they discredit everything you have said up until now if you really beleive this..

I call BS on you for sure.. no way you are posting what you did above if you truly love PC gaming.. cuz if you did, you would at least understand, if not support those that have legitimate criticisms of this game.. not try to put them down.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Most do, games like Gran Turismo, MGS4, Uncharted2, even Halo3 and GOW2 are popular with some PC gamers, as are sports games and particularly fighting games which are either not released on the PC, or don't have good ports.

I paid less for MW2 on release day than i did for MW1 a year after release.

I don't make this claim, its public knowledge than most developers find the PC more hassle and more expensive to develop for, and of course petitions and boycotts are awkward for them, if they weren't people would start them.

As for piracy, well it something that every developer uses as an excuse everytime PC gaming is mentioned to them.

PC gaming is about choice and variety, and not having everything the same, which is why i love it, why does this have to be exactly the same as the previous MW?

I did understand initially, but now its just getting boring since your still going on and on, and i worry that if this game hasn't sold well enough proportionately on the PC, or, that we will start to see more cancelled games, more delayed games, and more ports like Star Wars TFU, with 30fps caps, no graphic options, and controls which are optimised for gamepads only.

As i said in the other thread, why can't you just let it go, and move on, not like you found out this stuff after you bought it.

My delay in replying and also handily keeping it ontopic spent, was because i was at a friends last night playing it on the 360.
    PC one is the one to get, visuals are much nicer on the PC, using a pad makes the game more difficult, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and MP while not as good as people want it on the PC, is still better than on the 360.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Where did I ever say I wanted it to be the same? I was hoping for improvement not regression. Of course PC is about choice and variety.. how does removing mods dedicated servers and any customability of the gameadd more variety in your world?

?? let it go? and I need to buy it so that I have a right to be mad?? ok sure..
    You should take your own advice my man.. judging by the fact that you've posted as much if not more than I have to push your own opinion in most MW threads I would say that's a bit more than just hypocritical.

Anyway, i'm done with these threads since some of you guys seem to be more than willing to let Activision and Infinity Ward tell YOU what you want. this will never suffice to true PC gamers and after reading all these comments, some of you should no longer refer to yourselves as such imo.

Enjoy your laggy MP and a future of paying to play online and thanks for being the reason these new "models" are implemented for all gamers. Fail. Overnout.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hI,

FRIEND, do u have the game? u having problems? did u try to set NAT ON in your modem? maybe i can help u with ur issues.

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    :banana: good stuff matey.

Might be one of the toys him and his "true PC gamer friends" threw that is causing his laggy MP, possibly broke his modem.

10. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  12. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    Theres lag in this game when you play online? No i mean, really? Cause i have been playing it since tuesday and i recall no lag in any of my games, even when my "broken" internet is giving me 200 ping to my local fiber node.

Last time i tried to play CSS, or BF, or anything with 200 ping resulted in me not even being able to move. In this game, with 200 ping, you play the same as when your pinging 50 to a server (i would know, i live it everyday, fast, then slow, then fast, etc)

Give it a rest, it doesnt lag. On the contrary, it actually is superior to the servers you guys are trying to troll so much to defend!

(before anyone flames, i am speaking lag wise, i realize deticated servers still offer other pluses, and i honestly like BOTH systems, as both have pluses and minues. In a perfect world, this game would have both systems in place, PvP for that fast i want to frag game, and servers for building communities and clan play)

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hey :)

He MUST have the game. i mean, i understood that way. he has lags so he complains. so there must be a problem with his modem or internet lines..iam playing since days didnt see a major lag. infact didnt see a thing which will ruin the GAMING JOY.

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    He needs help, and remmember walls don't hit back, i dont care about the milk on my face, i will drink your milkshake raaaaaaaaaaaaaa

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    iam asking again but that dog was drinking beer? :D aweso:cheers:me.

16. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Scooby, you're wasting your breath on these people. They'll soon start compaining when IW start charging them for game content they would've previously got for free...

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nope, we just wont buy it, and go on with our lifes

Only children like you lot cry like babies and go on and on an on and on and.....

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    its good and all not to buy stuff but when some 50% for example buy it the number of people playing online will be cut to half at times :D

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i know.

It will become two different games essentially, but even cutting it in half, you still wont be short of people to play against.

20. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    WTF? Listen mate, we aren't happy with what IW has served up. We aren't happy about the way PC games are been ported and dumbed down so regularly. We have as much right as anyone else to express our opinions.

I'm getting very tired of children like yourself telling everyone to accept the situation.

You will learn one day.