Modern Warfare 2: PC OR X360

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 5, 2009.

?

PC or XBOX 360

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. PC

81 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. XBOX 360

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Neither for me either. The PC version's multiplayer has been really gimped; obviously to ensure it's in line with the dumbed-down console versions rather than bowing to the PC's strengths as with earlier games, e.g. more players, mods, etc. Sad really.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Download the PC version off piratebay.

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Dude. I already said no piracy posts anymore, please.

To make this a little bit more clear: anyone going off topic, suggesting piracy or starting this piracy discussion again will get a free two day ban.

"Drah di ned um, oh oh oh - schau, schau, der Kommissar geht um! oh oh oh
    Er wird di anschau'n und du weißt warum."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmkjnL4EYw

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Visually looks no different to MW, but it is a very low res stream.

Had to laugh when someone came onto Steam asked him is there lean.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lol, yeah he was saying himself he finds no lean annoying.

I dunno, full screen the stream rez is pretty decent( its obviously only 20-30PS stream though ), im playing Dragon Age and have that stream on the second screen, lol, novelty

But yeah your right, i dont see much difference between it and MW graphically or in things you can do.

Some of the comments on the stream are a laugh.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You see after all the hype over people whining about no dedicated servers, and how they will boycott MW2 on PC. A small survey still shows that out of roughly 100 people who have voted 80% will prefer it on PC.

Just face it MW and MW2 and even W@W are console games first and PC games second. But at least we get better graphics, performance, and gameplay. We still basically get a better game.

Just a little miffed that the game does not unlock on STEAM til Thursday!! I thought it was Wednesday I got all my hopes up and even booked the day off work LOL guess I am going to have to beg my boss to let me have Thursday off instead.

EDIT: On the visuals. I think it has been slightly improved but not by much. I think the lighting in some places looks more vibrant. Plus it just looks more polished than MW. But maybe thats just because its a new game and new settings.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  9. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    We can't play online until Thursday?

Even the retail version?

10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i wa swatching one of the stream and it was pc version and he was playing online.

11. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a

i used to say the same thing,but i have now gone over to consols and sold my gameing pc...(i have a good laptop for online chat and shopping),the reasons are this, too many hackers and cheats on pc...every online game i played on pc it was full of cheats,games crashing,and unfinnished.

i have now purchased a new xbox super elite with cod waw2,and also a ps3,used on a 40" 1080p LCD tv....it took me a few weeks to get used to the controler i could not hit a barn door when i started,but now i am as fast as i was with a mouse and KB...plus sitting on a couch playing is so much better than being hunched over a desk......plus i get great online gaming with no cheats.........

i wish i had crossed over yesrs ago......for the money and online game experiance (once you get used to the controler) is second to none........pc gameing will always come second to consoles now from a developers point of view...so get used to it.....i will say this now as a console only player..once you do get used to the controler the experiance is really as goos as it was on pc it just takes time.....i did it and i was a pc only player,but not anymore.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, Im still better with a mouse/keyboard, but play SP FPS's with a pad.

One thing that is good about the consoles is that its more evenly matched, everyone is on the same settings, same control method, only difference is net speed.

With PC MP, you have people with better mice and keyboards, faster systems, alot more cheats, and alot of snobbery, luckily fantastic mods even it up, but PC online gaming does need a shake up.

13. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I ain't being funny but what games you been playing recently?
    Most good online games have anti-cheat in place and I can't remember the last time I saw a 'hack'... :3eyes:
    Regarding the 'unfinished' comment, the standard of PC games is much higher these day IMO.
    Anyway, I tend to buy well programmed games that I have read positive reviews for, I don't buy any old crap.

Without being rude, you can't have been very good with a M & KB in the first place to be 'as fast' on a controller.
    Perhaps you seem adequate against other controller users but against M & KB you wouldn't stand a chance.
    I used to play UT a lot and I could regularly jump up spin around in the air and snipe someone with a headshot before even landing... :rolleyes:
    ...try that on a controller!
    In short, consoles are OK for casual gamers.

I don't agree. I have a PS3 on a 37" Samsung and it strains my eyes to look at it.
    Plus, I can't bear to look at the awful jaggies, low resolutions, poor textures and screen tearing!
    I feel much more immersed sat in front of my 24" monitor at above HD resolutions running at 60 FPS :)

Edit: I'm not a snob or boasting (much)... the fact is, PC games are generally better and the mouse is more accurate than a controller. This cannot be denied.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  14. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    well good for you,i am glad you like your pc....but i have crossed over due to the points i already mentiond...punkbuster is crap and does not work..iv was a pc gamer for years and hated the online play...as for consols there are so mnay more people playing online all with the same gear so its fair and matched up..unlike pc's where people can use hacks and/or better mice and gadgets to gain an advantage.........

like i said i'm glad you prefer the pc..but more and more people and crossing over to the consols,for the reasons i have stated.....far more people online much more user friendly..better chat no cheats or hackers...ect ect ect

15. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Like I said, consoles are OK for casual gamers.

I'm in danger of sounding like a 'pro-gamer' here (which I'm not) but unless you've ever been in a clan or played competitively you wouldn't understand how a dumbed down console port like MW2 on the PC just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

Regarding the PS3, I love it for fighting/driving/guitar games etc but just NOT for first person games.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Casual gamers call the shots though.

"pro gamers" are so small these days that they aren't catered for anymore, and there has to be a compromise as if they keep up with the all the petition crap and boycotts, then they will end up with no new games they can play, and no offence but i don't want PC gaming suffering as a whole just cause some people with too much free time take FPS's too serious.

17. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    This is wrong IMO. The number of pro gamers hasn't changed, it's the number of casual gamers that has increased to the point that game devs and publishers are only interested in maximising their profits.

This in itself isn't a bad thing because I understand they need to make money but when a traditional PC game gets dumbed down and commoditised for the suits to buy a new yacht... we get p1ssed off... and rightly so.

Stripping out all the things that makes PC games so great doesn't improve the game for PC gamers... why can't console gamers understand that?

[​IMG]

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Have you actually taken the time to get familiar with the controls ? i mean play like a few hours straight ?
    Killzone2 and resistance2 are both excellent games on the ps3.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    agreed! i loved those on the ps3 and army of 2, even though the graphics were poo :)

i was tempted to get cod mf2 on the ps3 for the online side which i really enjoyed on the first one.

am glad i went for pc version this time.

20. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I had Killzone2 on the PS3 and I found the controls frustrating. I have played a fair bit of COD MW1 on PS3 too which was OK but still not comparable to a decent PC FPS.

Console gamers shouldn't defend Infinity Ward just because they don't have any issues with their version of the game.