Modern Warfare 2: PC OR X360

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 5, 2009.

?

PC or XBOX 360

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. PC

81 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. XBOX 360

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ok, now I'm at a cross-road and I'm not a person who wants to gamble so here are my pros and cons and I wanna ask your opinions. Please avoid flaming and would appreciate additional comments than just voting on the polls.

PC
    Pros
    - Keyboard/Mouse
    - Tweakable graphics (even without console commands)
    - My GPU > X360
    - Slim possible chance that IW wakes up from this lalaland dream and dedicated server will be back with P2P side-by-side like in L4D.
    - Mod tools hasn't been ruled out
    Cons
    - Slim hope not realized
    - Mod tools ruled out in the future
    - Maps will most likely be charged for
    - Tons of PC gamers drop the game, multiplayer will be deserted.

XBOX 360
    Pros
    - No gambling involved as it's like in Modern Warfare 1
    - XBOX Live support
    Cons
    - Smaller SD screen
    - Toned down graphics (but 60fps guaranteed)
    - Maps will be charged for

So what do you guys think? Should I switch my preorder? Outright cancelling will NOT be an option.

Thanks,
    deltatux

EDITED: Added one major con on the PC list.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    theyre both the same version :), if you prefer kb+mouse get the PC version, if you prefer controller get the 360 version

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I say PC. Basically the only difference is I'm guessing you like mouse/keyboard for shooting games. Also, I'm guessing you'd like better graphics if you had the option anyway. Finally, I'm pretty sure they're charging for map packs this time. Bunch a.... nevermind, it's irrelevant lol.

4. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    where's the option for neither?

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    not an option as stated.

deltatux

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I would get PC v 360. Graphics are very important to me and if we are not talking about MP for a second than SP will look better on PC than 360. Atleast I think so. Plus who knows what if the miracle happen and will ded. servers later.

P.S. Right now if you look in the voting PC beats 360 by 100%. I wander what it would be if you open this thread in consol section.

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I'm not putting this in the console section as I'm trying to get an unbiased (well as much as possible) opinion. Hence it being in a neutral zone.

deltatux

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    if you're a real gamer than xbox comes out of the question, common what kinda a fool plays a fps game on a joystic? a really big one :p

9. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    However, my sticking point is the number of people going to play on MW2 on the long run. I called my local EB Games and this is the stats:

PC: 9
    X360: 100
    PS3: 100

You see where I'm worried about? Also, I have CoD4 on the X360, so obviously I can FPS on a controller (I would've gotten the PC version if my current rig was built before I got CoD4).

EDIT: Obviously if it wasn't for the number of ppl gonna play MP on the PC, I wouldn't even bother thinking of switching.

deltatux

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  10. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    It is hard to say about MW2 becuase of this dedicated servers thing. But if it gets sorted out somehow MW2 will have long life for sure. My favorite MP are still COD2 and COD4 and there are still thousands of people playing there. I will get MW2 one day also when it goes on sale at least little bit.

11. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    PC its a FPS

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  13. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    MW2 may be good because I get to play S&D on a non tactical servers :D

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well the PC version's multiplayer longevity is in question due to lack of people saying they will supporting it. I will wait and see how the numbers turn out for the PC, if it's decent I will go with that. If not, well I may resort to the Xbox 360 version, but only when the price drops.

Also, how many threads do we need on this game?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  15. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Buy it for the XBox
    It's a console game designed for consoles.

16. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Neither, don't support IW and Activision until they change their minds about PC gaming.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The above two posters must be high, its not the weekend yet guys??

IAmGhostDog, even if what you said was true, why would someone with a 360, which is a console, not want a game designed for consoles:bang:

3x3cUt0r, why would IW/Activision care about PC gamers? All you lot are doing is making PC gamers look like awkward cheap geeks.
    For IW/Activision or any game developers to change their mind about PC gaming, everyone has to buy every crap game that is out, the PC has to become hugely profitable, so that they are scared of losing us, at the moment, sales for most games are so low that it doesn't matter to them.

Your solution??
    Lets make PC sales lower, that will teach them, talk about being slow:3eyes:

I will be getting the PC one, i can game with pad or keyboard/mouse.
    Gamepad for single player as i feel its cheating using a keyboard/mouse in single player, and k/m in MP for obvious reasons.
    Also even on my dated setup, i can get a 60fps guarenteed if i lower the settings, and im sure i wont have to go as low as the 1024x600 res that the PS3/360 version runs at, to get those 60fps.

18. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Download a cracked copy play the single player then delete & forget what I'll be doing & I've bought all previous COD's I'll be doing the same with Rage after reading that Carmack is selling out the PC community as well :( .

19. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    No. You didn't read his statement correctly. He said: Buy it for the XBox
    It's a console game designed for consoles. So you said: IAmGhostDog, even if what you said was true, why would someone with a 360, which is a console, not want a game designed for consoles? What he meant was the game is so built for console play, that it would be a horrible port. He did NOT mean that the console version is made for consoles.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Its the people downloading and playing cracked versions who are responsible for developers selling out the PC community, they/you are responsible for this having gimped features, as well as Rage, are you that blind??
    Hope you feel proud for helping the 360 and PS3 to such success, at the expense of PC gaming.

I read what he said, it wasn't hard, it was a couple of lines.

What he said was nonsense though, a lack of dedicated servers doesn't mean its a crap port.
    If its everything the 360 version is, plus mouse and keyboard control, and much better visuals then its a great port, and with a cheaper RRP than the 360 one, its also a bargain.
    Unless all your gaming buddies are on XBox Live, there is no reason to get the 360 one if you have a decent PC.