Modded Bios for 580 GTX 3GB(GV-N580UD-3GI )

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gerardfraser, Dec 10, 2011.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Please read POST #8 for some good advice

580 GTX 3GB(GV-N580UD-3GI )

modded BIOS for those who want it.I looked for this BIOS and there was none to be found on the net.So I did one up.

Always backup your own BIOS first and just add to files on bootable drive incase things go wrong.

Unzip and copy files to a boootable drive and just type in when booted.
    nvflash -4 -5 -6 gf110.rom .
    And it will update all cards from single to 4 GPUS.

What this Bios does is unlock voltage from 1.15mV to 1.213mV

[​IMG]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0N2L5745

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Anybody can unlock the voltage by modifying the bios, not sure why you posted it

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I edited my post.
    It is a BIOS for those who want it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. CrazyT666

CrazyT666 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Well, unlock to 4 gpu's? are you sirious?

Seems like nvidia has added multicore eh?

are those 4 cores "real" cores or more like hyperthreading?

Benches before and after?

€: srsly can't believe it dunno why but it sounds not true, why to hell should nvidia make a multicore gpu and limit it down to 1?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    I am not sure if you are serious or not. What he meant was if you had 4 580s in the system that you could flash all the bios's at once

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    huh?

7. CrazyT666

CrazyT666 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    okok my fault, probaly my brain's lil slow cause i'm sick as hell atm

8. civato

civato Master Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Please put more info with it , A person that doesn't know sh!t about this will flash it on his gpu and ends up with a Gigabyte card or a bricked card.

You give the flash command with all the overide settings , not a good idea for the newbee. (4-5-6).

Please a bios flash is not a driver update , if you post something like this warn people about the danger and give all the info about the bios.

Anyone (with a little reading) can edit there own bios , so I recomend that they do that .
    They just need to save there own bios , open it with nibitor and edit it.
    And no need for overide commands.

And flashing more then one gpu (sli system) with the command that you gave is stupid and not without danger.

This is what nvidia has got to say about nvflash overide commands:
    The override options (--overridesub, --overridetype) can only be used when there is a single display adapter to be updated with a single firmware image. A single display adapter can be specified with the “--index” option. If there is only one NVIDIA display adapter in the system, then the use of “--index” is not needed. A single firmware image is specified by either just supplying the filename of a single firmware image (which will have a *.ROM extension) or by using the “--fwindex” option when a firmware bundle is specified (which will have a *.NVR extension).
    It is important that the update process not be interrupted due to power failure or by a forced reset. If an error occurs during the flash process, it is advisable not to reboot the computer until the problem can be determined. The card may be unable to be restarted if a failed update has occurred (and thus the system as a whole may not reboot).
    If the original firmware image contains an IEEE 1394 GUID, the update command will preserve it and NOT use the GUID of the new image.
    Where -5 means : --overridetype = Allow firmware and adapter PCI device ID to mismatch.
    Where -6 means : --overridesub = Allow firmware and adapter PCI device ID to mismatch.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  9. smokey163

smokey163 Member

GPU:
    8800ultra 648/1620/972
    wow that things a monster must be 6x mine lol!

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]

Holy SHIZNIT! It works!!! Miracle clocks....oh wait, I forgot to hit apply just like the OP...

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20