Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    It seems AMD Adrenalin UI is using new binaries on 21.6.1, so i must upload new dependencies, the driver seems fine. I tested too on RX 580 (Nitro 4GB variant). I know this is annoying because every "them" release a new kernel, either curse or pain will come :confused:. Try THIS CCC installer

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    This one works fine, stupid me enabled 10bit just to test something and now it doesn't start anymore. But yea, this one works fine :3 Btw I said a page before that new binaries/dependencies are used :p
    Related to GCN driver, keep the last one from the old kernel branch (the one which has GPU OC like this one) and update everything else you can, for now, both of them are running and functioning well.

3. wrtnsq

wrtnsq Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD8670M
    Getting an error launching "Dragon Age:Inquisition" (screen attached). Everything was fine after 1st restart, now its broken no idea why. "Plants vs Zombies: Neighborville" tho always had a black screen, game starts and nothing happens. (it is using easy anti cheat) I've read on google people say must be a problem with drivers or some vendor services.
    My GPU HD8670M with intel hd, switchable
    I am using last gcn driver with gcn adrenaline
    Windows had no updates on any time me having this driver installed

Attached Files:

4. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    you have to select DirectX 11 renderer instead of Mantle because AMD dropped it on 2019 since Driver 19.4. Use DDU before installing GCN 21.6.1 Ported driver, also try disable secureboot on bios. I have 3 games with EAC (EasyAntiCheat) also DragonAge running with dx11 renderer, currently on GCN 21.6.1 running no problem.
    dragonage.jpg paladins.jpg roguecompany.jpg spellbreak.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    wrtnsq likes this.

5. snaky115

snaky115 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    My R9 Fury thanks you, 21.6.1 without UI is a Dirt Rally 2 dream. :) 8 flip queue seems bold, but that and actually working Enhanced Sync is what probably stabilized DR2 in the first place.

OnnA likes this.
  6. tonetta778

tonetta778 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380X 4GB
    Super grateful for your hard work!

7. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Unlike Terascale arch (HD 5XXX/HD 6XXX), GCN has more raw compute power, so increasing them may improve gpu queue performance

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    OnnA and D1stRU3T0R like this.
  8. Nezuh

Nezuh Member

GPU:
    yes
    HD7770 here, I can confirm that FSR works as well.
    Thank you very much, you are doing a great job here.

I have a question, though. Why does it say 21.Q1 instead of 21.5? Do you use that driver because it is more stable or is it just a name to kinda mislead the software?
    Just out of curiosity, of course. I have no complaints with your work

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  9. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    On PolarisVegaNavi, Adrenalin control panel doesn't start anymore after a restart :/

10. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I was using the previous modded driver and I found that every time I rebooted or turned on my computer I had to redo the manual performance settings. My GPU is the XFX RX5700XT Thicc III Ultra. I have it set to 2000MHz at 1,000mv which works perfectly. I have been setting it like that since I got the card last year with no problem with the official drivers. I installed the non modded driver again two days ago and its holding my settings again. With this driver the setting goes above 2100MHz and 1200mv. I was wondering why my games were crashing and my GPU was turning into a jet turbine after setting the performance settings only to discover the settings were being set back to default performance settings (with manual still selected) every reboot or computer start with the modded drivers

11. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    The GCN 21.6.1 it's basically Radeon 21.Q2 Enterprise for Discrete Desktop/Mobile GCN variant and for APU Desktop/Mobile GCN are based on Radeon 21.3.2. Explanations:
    • Latest Binaries DirectX 12/Vulkan forked from 21.6.1
    • Latest Binaries OpenCL forked from 21.5.2. I tried the OpenCL from 21.6.1 but no luck, OpenCL was missing on some applications, so i keep the 21.5.2 ones.
    • Kernel are based on 21.Q2 for Discrete GCN and 21.3.2 for APU GCN. This version was more reasonable than 21.4.1, 21.5.1 and 21.5.2 to maintain stability. overclocking, and better performance overall across all GCN Devices
    • For GCN 21.6.1 variant, the INF section and catalog are untouched to keep WHQL present on System and passed game cheat protection like EasyAntiCheat, unlike Standard 21.6.1 on Polaris/Vega/Navi that required WHQL parser to keep driver modded running on game cheat protection like EasyAntiCheat.
    You have to DDU first
    This problem may come from 21.4.1, 21.5.1 or 21.5.2. I have another problem that even with/without modded on that version the gpu clocks are locked at 350/150MHz, it should be 950/1000MHz during load.

12. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I installed it with safe mode DDU, but the problem still happens. First i though it's because I enabled 10bit to test something, but now I know for sure I didn't enabled it and still doesn't work.

edit: after deleting CNext, reinstalling CCC (trying dirty install, I don't want to DDU every day when I boot my PC), CCC2App64 is stuck in a loading loop, consuming 7% CPU on my 3700X.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  13. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    upload_2021-6-25_16-15-28.png
    Check the registry, the version should look "SAME" like this

14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    The non modded drivers of those versions keep the performance settings for me. Also my GPU clcok speeds boost and park at the speeds they should do with all drivers

15. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    What about 21.6.1, is still same? On My RX580 the problem it's persist from "21.4.1, 21.5.1 or 21.5.2" version, other that are normal.

16. pinxits

pinxits Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Fist of all thanks you for your work, I discovered it today.

I installed and I have the same problem as D1stRU3T0R with an RX480 (radeon settings pannel not launching, in starts on task manager but instantly closes/crashes).

Installed with a pass of DDU to unistall 21.5.2 drivers. Using windows 11 beta, but no problem when rolling back to 21.5.2.

Could you shed me some light? here's a screenshot of the registry with the differences highlighted, but it seems they're only due to newer version of drivers (yours is from 5/4).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  17. pinxits

pinxits Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I resolved it by "dirty installing" a second time and not doing the final step (Adrenalin UI CCC2 Installer).

Thank you!

18. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    today i install the mod drivers thanks alot ok so far
    i have 3600 ryzen and vega 56 my system have mem smart memory support ?

Attached Files:

19. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Good job. I know this frustrating, so am i, Because AMD dropped support driver for GCN.
    Btw, sorry for late reply. I'm still testing driver on APU A8 GCN to evaluate the results.

Not all are supported, but weirdly the RX 580 supports, also the older one R9 380. Depending on game or API the performanec result may good or worse. Try play or benchmarking SAM off or on to see the difference.

pinxits and ultraex2003 like this.
  20. aqyx

aqyx Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    R9 390 works fine with the new modded driver. Thanks for making the driver work on older cards

D1stRU3T0R likes this.