MOBO change

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mai_mai_120489, Apr 15, 2006.

1. mai_mai_120489

mai_mai_120489 Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600 256MB
    Hi! I currently have a Gigabyte K8NF-9 MOBO and planning to change it to ASUS A8n-SLI deluxe. Will it cause any problems with my current hard drive like compatibility problems? thanks

2. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    hey get a dfi boerd i went from asus a8n-sli to a8n32-sli and now im useing afi expert i alrdy love the dfi more and i been useing it 2 days hehe GO DFI also i hate a8n-sli dont get it fan dies and bios is flakey for drr setings :)

3. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    Unless it's SATA you will most likely have to reformat your HDD. :( Yeah it sucks but it'll have incompatibility issues of the registry and the MBR.

4. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Yeah, generally, new mobo=reformat. There can be alot of incompatibility errors. Check around the forums, there are alot of people recently who've bought new mobos, only to have them not work.

Just back your save games/other important stuff up.

5. SmoKieMcPott

SmoKieMcPott Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 1gb
    i just switched from my MSI K8N Neo to an EVGA 133-K8-NF41-AX last week
    all i did was uninstall all drivers and software that were mobo related, and swapped em out...upon rebooting i had to reinstall my vid card drivers and all the new mobo drivers

6. mai_mai_120489

mai_mai_120489 Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600 256MB
    i see thanks guys... yeah, i also eyed a DFI but i think its pretty expensive??? and one more thing. Another PC of mine, the video card will be changed. Is uninstalling the Videocard drivers and installing them back in is already enough? or i still have to reformat my HDD?? btw, i have SATA HDD

7. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    DFI's are the best of the bunch, but you only really need one if you want ulimate stability and OC'ing.

If you are staying in the same brand of vid cards (Ie, ATI-->ATI or NV-->NV) then you shouldng have to. Just to be safe, you can uninstall the drivers refualrly, boot up in safe mode and run driver cleaner, put the card in a install latest/your choice of drivers.

8. Ilmarin

Ilmarin Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 7800GTX 512 extreme
    i have an asus A8N-SLI.lets say im not too thrilled with it.the streak of bad bioses is not helping so yea get a DFI or MSI and yea thumbs up for format