Mobile Broadband tweaks

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by The Goose, Jan 24, 2011.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Hi everyone,i have mobile bb on orange but just lately its speed has got slower and slower despite signal strenge increasing, i have tried Auslogic`s speed boost but it doesnt seem to help,does anyone have any advice or tips on improving internet access until i get proper broadband(2-3months)
    thanks in advance

2. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual O8G
    Hi The Goose. I would say that give a call to your operator and tell them about your problem, but since it doesn't look like a signal strenght problem, I would suggest to you what I did to get stable speed for my 3G connection.

I have this huawei e1552 usb dongle and found it works the best when it's very close to a window. What I did to find a sweet spot for the placement. I ran speedtest.net and pingtest.net tests with my laptop, if they gave me bad results, moved the laptop and dongle to a different spot, repeated this until found a good spot.
    Addition to this you could also try tweaking your windows settings. Found a site that has tips and tweaks. Speed Guide net. There is broadband section with win7/vista tweaks in it, those could potentially provide some enhancement. You could try those out. But as you are getting a proper broadband connection soon, that is the best sollution. Will do the same when I move to different appartment :)

Have a nice day

3. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    I had to use one of these for a couple of months last year and I had the same issue as you. I started looking into ways to improve my transfer rates and found stuff like hardware signal boosters, which I didn't want to buy as I knew this would only be temporary.

Ended up using a solution I found on youtube, it wasn't the most elegant solution but looked something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPb11oWhTrQ

After fiddling around with it's direction a bit, it worked and did the job until I got my proper broadband back online :)

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Hi,thanks guys,just cancel my 3mobile contract...well cuz its crap signal too so hoping to get bb this month some time then i can cancel mobile bb and maybe get unlimited bb :),online gaming here i come haha
    thanks