Mistake or not?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by signex, Jan 19, 2012.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I hope i am too :D

The card almost didnt fit in my case, card is 26cm and case length for graphics card is 28cm.

edit: ^ btw didnt u had a 295 in sli?? or single.

2. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    I don't know what you are talking about, but I saw the picture and I knew everything :D. You bought it 2nd hand, which is ok in my opinion. But it seems that a thick layer of dust is stuck on the top side. Maybe a cleaning with a new thermal paste/thermal pads and you are good to go :D And a slight polish on the plastic shroud with some detergent of your choice and it's brand new ;)

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Yeah i saw that too :p I'm too newb to clean it, i dont wanna damage the card.

edit: well ok ill try it and put new paste on it, can you tell me wich of these 3 are best?

http://www.mycom.nl/Search.aspx?q=thermal paste

If i buy here i have it tomorrow so :D

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive had dual pcb 295s in sli and single pcb 295s in sli,for a card that came out in 2009 there performance is top notch,if they wasnt any good and i had problems with them,i woulda changed them for 2x580s when they was released,i was going to change them for 2x590s but 590 was a failure and a poor successor to the 295 in my opinion.I also had 2x280s in sli before the 295s came out.

When these cards first came out the 295s,the stuttering was quite bad on both dual pcb and single pcb when running in quad sli,however nowadays its a different story,the drivers have matured in a big way and i get no stutter in anygame i play whatsoever with 4 cards enabled,if you want high fps in 2012 for a cheap price there a good card to go for.

The dual pcb i found ran much hotter,was louder and i think it took more power to run,the single pcb is a so much better card regarding these issues,they really tidied things up with the single pcb.

Some people prefer the dual pcb over the single because of the voltage mod increase that you can apply to the dual card,i dont think you can apply a voltage tweak to the single pcb but im not sure and i have never tried it.

The dual pcb is the card to go for if you watercool the 295 as you can apply the voltage mod,up the overclock heavily and keep them cool and quiet.

I dont see the point in having a dual pcb volt modded on air because the dual cards are already hot,loud and draw alot of power(who cares about power draw anyhow)so by volt modding it your already adding fuel to the fire by making it alot worse than it already is and you will be reducing its longetivity,whats the point doing all that on air?You aint gonna be able to give it the cooling it needs unless you go water.

Single pcb is the way to go if your using air,you can still oc them quite well and still have decent fan speed/quietness ratio..i use fan speed 65 for anything i play and 40 for idling.

There good cards for the money especially nowadays as there alot cheaper,however i would only go for the single pcb(fan in the middle like you have) and i would only go for a dual(fan on the end) if i was watercooling otherwise single pcb all the way.

I will not be changing these cards until 2 things happen.
    1.Games that are developed that make these cards crawl,because atm there is no game out that you cant play these cards with decent fps.(Metro: Last Light may change that)

2.If im going to speed £500 on a new gpu or £1000 on 2 new gpus i want a *significant improvement performance wise bang for buck* over my 295s,i cant justify spending over £500 on a new gpu like the 580 just to get an extra 20fps in all games,aint worth it in my opinion,even though the 580 is a fantastic card,ill wait.

Tbh if i could sli 3x295s single pcbs then i would as the performance for the price bang for buck is probably the best you can get.

As for dx11 i couldnt give a monkeys about it,its an expensive fad with a limited range of titles that support it fully,infact i dont know any titles that make full use of it,blame the developers and consolitus for that.

This is my experience anyhow.:)

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its worth taking the cover off and unscrewing the 2 heatsinks,cleaning off the old TIM and applying fresh new TIM to both chips and putting the heatsinks and cover back on,its dead easy to do if you take your time and use common sense:)

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I am kinda clumsy, im scared i will damage the card. But wich of thos paste is better/best on that website?

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I wouldnt bother with any of them tbh.
    The top 5 TIMS are....

1.Indigo Extreme-70.66
    2.Prolimatech PK-1-70.81
    3.Thermalright chillfactor 3-71.06
    4.Noctua NT-H1-71.10
    5.Phobya HeGrease-71.13

Get any one of these if you can.

[​IMG]
    As you can see,this is a good score for 3-4 year old hardware.

8. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ALERT! you must update to lastest version for 3DMark Vantage because too high Gpixels/s are incorrect in feature test 1. ;)

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    How is the extreme score in single card mode?

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^that test has nothing to do with the score, but I thing ppu was enabled resulting in a inflated cpu score

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    These are dx10 gpus,the new 3d mark is dx11,no point really:)

I just ran it from stock settings,remember i have 2x295s:)

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I got too high Gpixels/s in Vantage 1.0 running GTX 480 lool but I applied patch 1.0.0.3 to correct Gpixels/s bug. ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i know what u mean but it dont really matter,im not benching them here on guru3d im just showing that there still a good performing card for the price.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Today im getting it, i'll post how i find the card and the performence over 460.

IF the card survives startup :nerd:

15. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    That was a bad buy in my opinion. The card itself is a great performer for its just too old. No DX11, plus you lose the option of SLI-ing a 560ti in the future which will easily outperform a 295.

So if you can, I suggest you return it.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    So i have the card running, OC'd a bit and the cooler is pretty quiet and it runs around 72c on full load.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    give 666/1404/2304 a whirl thats 1152 on the ram. if you can do that on stock volts your good.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    looks like it. Even at 4.4ghz + HT the 930 shouldn't get that high a CPU score.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    So what do i do to get a proper score ?

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    disable gpu physics in the nv cp. set it to cpu