Missing Textures in GTA4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KillaBug, Mar 24, 2004.

1. KillaBug

KillaBug Guest

GPU:
    GeForceFX 5900U
    Just put this 9600XT in and this is my first problem so far. Textures like fences and walls, sometimes even streets, will be gone. If I stop and wait in one spot for a minute or so they'll all begin to appear. I know its not my machine as this problem wasn't there on my 5800Ultra.
    Using 4.3 Cats, tried different FSAA and AF settings, also different Texture and Mip Map settings. Ive got the "OverDrive" enabled(for whatever its really worth), AGP 8x with FastWrites enabled.
    For those of you who know Vice City, I had to apply the Texture patch with my 5800 as there were corrupted. Think that could be adversly affecting me know? If so, how do I remove the patch, or do I need to re-install the game?

2. modestmouse

modestmouse Guest

This problem happens when using Catalyst drivers for me also, when running GTA 3 or GTA Vice City I get corrupted textures when running these games with Frame Sync set to off, or Frame Limiter to off. Just put those settings to on, and you should be seeing everything perfect in no time (I know, its better looking and "feeling" with them off, but that's what you do to fix it), the same happens to me with latest Catalyst drivers and my 9600 Pro. No worries, sooner or later it will be fixed :D

3. KillaBug

KillaBug Guest

GPU:
    GeForceFX 5900U
    Thanks for the input, gonna go try it out now.

4. KillaBug

KillaBug Guest

GPU:
    GeForceFX 5900U
    It worked, thanks again.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I had this problem too, although what I did was change the compatability setting to windows 98, and it worked great after that!

6. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    I hade same problem:D