Missing Plane

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jhetski, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just watched the news and they have confirmed that the wreckage is not that China sea wreckage. A US warship has now been sent to the area to help in the search.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    There are many things they have not found.

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    well, a modern airliner equipped with GPS navigation shouldn't be on that list.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    What if the plane was diverted with the intention of using it later for another purpose...?

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Logistically that's quite hard to achieve.

First you need to get the aircraft to whatever location it is you wish to land it at, without anyone spotting its change of course on radar.

Second you need a location with a landing area large enough for the aircraft to land and then take off but remote enough that no one is going to spot the aircraft.

Third you'll need some sort of system in place to move, maintain and possibly fuel the aircraft again whilst keeping the aircraft as hidden as possible.

Fourth you need to do all this while dealing with 200+ people who don't want to be there.

Hard to say what's happened to the aircraft, but whatever it was it was sudden and extremely catastrophic. Beyond that no one can say anything more until the plane is located and an investigation done.

6. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB

Interesting Read :- http://www.newstatesman.com/sci-tec...-airlines-flight-mh370-could-have-disappeared

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Good read jack_rudolph^...Thanks

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Apparently they are aware of these planes having huge cracks in them
    also there's this not sure if it's legit
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-interference-3222529
    http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/03/12/mystery-malaysia-plane
    Sounds to me like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

What ever did happen, happened quick enough so the pilots nor anyone else could react, this could possibly explain why it's taking so long to find this plane because maybe it was still going when they lost contact

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Interesting read, i mean even if the fuselage did crack and the plane broke up after being warned about it, there never gonna own up too it. The bit thats puzzling me is the stolen passports ie: Passengers on the plane not who they claim to be combined with no comms from pilot and rapid descent of 600ft+ before all comms was totally lost.

To me either there was an engine or serious fuselage failure which caused rapid descent and no comms. Or terrorist hijacking taking the pilots seat which is why no talk between radar tower and pilot before total comm failure.

Wether it was terrorists or mechanical failure plane would descend regardless but did it crash into sea or did terrorists fly it under the radar so to speak. It lost contact 100 miles away from land so maybe there looking in the wrong place maybe they should be looking on land? I do believe that a skilled pilot could fly a plane under 1000ft to evade radar, experienced fight pilots do this in low level bombing raids all the time to stay hidden from radar.

For all we know they may not be even be telling the truth about really happened as in altitude, location, direction, etc.

Edit...Jack Rudolph just read some of those theories.
    Maybe.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    size of the sea/oceans are huge.

[​IMG]

Trust Me...Its out there somewhere...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I feel really sorry for the people who have family on that plane, must be terrifying.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You havin' a giggle mate? Share some of what you're smoking. All I said with regards to floating debris is that a surprising amount of a modern airplane will float. Hell, the human body floats. I never said nor implied that it's impossible that it went down clean with little debris, just that if it suffered any sort of explosion that would be extremely unlikely. As for the fine powder implication, that would be the second bolded line from your post (which you conveniently left out of the requote), and the fact you seem to think a bomb can tear an aircraft into a neat amount of pieces that all sink immediately. I'm sure it's not what you meant, but the problem here certainly isn't "can't read". If you honestly can't see where my "argument" comes from, you're either blinded by rage from being called out, or your posting quality is terrible (thoughts not being expressed properly). Which is it?

Also, fun fact. Telling someone you "could have insulted them" but didn't because you're "a bigger person" is hilarious passive aggressiveness. What are you going to do, call me a meanie because I don't agree with your posts? If you really weren't raged/didn't care then you wouldn't even bother to reply.

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This first^........

14. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    There are estimated an 146,357 deaths each day, with 6098 people dying each hour, According to the World Fact Book and the World Almanac and Book of Facts, 2010

I estimate 72,398 people have died since you made that post.

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Ouch^

16. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    This whole incident is becoming fishier with each passing day, according to some reports stating that the plane was still in contact with a satellite several hours after its disappearance, and nowhere near its registered flight path.
    In fact the incident is beginning to look like something out of a Mission Impossible film.
    The only thing that's missing is the presence of Wee Tam Cruise arriving to save the day.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So apparently it has been sending signal for up to 5 hours after it vanished from radars.

Its either been hijacked or cabin got uncompressed, knocked everyone out and carried on flying until ran out of fuel and crashed i think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26572172

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Sorry, i don't understand?

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Your like a little girl constantly crying and its irritating tbh. MAN UP FFS. You are the first person that ive now added to the Official ignore list on Guru3D, i can no longer see or read your posts so your wasting your time replying to me. As a poster i dont like you, i never have liked you, i do not respect you and i can learn nothing from you so i feel this is the best option. To me you no longer exist on here.

I suggest you do the same here is the link....
    http://forums.guru3d.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    This is a good topic so please get back on it.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hmmm that is interesting, even if it did carry on flying, ran out of fuel and crashed....i dont think it would have taken 5 hours to crash if there were problems. So if it did crash why was it sending signals for up too 5 hours?
    Surely the damage from the crash from 30,000ft would have destroyed all equipment.

It gets stranger and stranger as days go by.