1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Performance counters? Bugged readings?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Phil Tuncap, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    Missing or don't know where they are in my computer or what. I'm assuming there's some somewhere for Afterburner/RTSS to be able to monitor some of the video stuff, but I couldn't find any video counters when I ran windows' Performance Monitor. And in the plugin section, the GPU plugin doesn't seem to work, and the PerfCounter plugin only gives me counters for hard drives and net activity. Didn't see d3dkmt anywhere in my computer either. As for bugged/missing readings, Pagefile usage is wrong, I'm not sure if that's reading virtual memory or what. And I don't know where to find counters for that either in my computer. VID usage doesn't show anything at all, and neither does Framerate Avg and Max, and Frame 1%/.1% low. Any advice on where these missing counters are?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Bugged search skill. How many times do I have to suggest searching for "Commit charge"? Benchmark related performance counters usage strategy was also explained multiple times, they are available in benchmark mode only.

3. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    Ah, well since I was never familiar with commit charge, never knew to look into that? Wiki explains about how a couple versions of windows' task manager calls it PF Usage, despite it not being that. Well that explains one part, any ideas on the other issues? I see a lot of what-ifs in the Nvidia folders, and I ran into a site that explained how to create a counter, but it was a little bit much for me ;p

4. Putzo

Putzo Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

5. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    Yeah I ran into that after making this thread, but didn't see any for video....BTw I did download and sorta install PerfKit 4.4.0 from Nvidia, but couldn't get it up and running or whatv