Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by crushilista, Sep 20, 2010.
where's our boat and floating lava?!
version 1.3 is out
* Delay/repeater blocks
* Added three new half-size blocks (Wooden Plank, Cobblestone, Sandstone)
* Added Bleeding Obsidian.
* Slimes have a higher spawn rate (confirm?)
* New Mojang logo
* Graphics settings screen
* Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting
* Regions now use the McRegion format, with built-in auto conversion
* While starting a new world, players can choose their own name and seed to generate the world
* More than 5 Worlds possible
* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
* F1 now toggles
* F3 now toggles
* When F3 is pressed, mobs display a number over their head. This number appears to be unique for each mob. (more info?)
* F8 toggles mouse smoothing
* In 3rd person mode, character can be visibly seen to bob side to side when you walk (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
* Sandstone is now found at the bottom of naturally generated sand.
* All pressure plates now require two of its materials, instead of 3. The new stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials (see specific block pages for further information)
* Mine time for Sandstone decreased.
* Redstone dust will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
* New painting added of a flaming skull.
* Some blocks of ice have curved edges.
* Blocks break slower while in air.
* When breaking double slabs (one slab placed on another) it will drop two slabs instead of one.
* Wood and logs don't burn forever anymore.
* F1 in 3rd person mode no longer flips view
* Game may crash upon entering the Nether. When you reload you will be at spawn with no items.
* Some users reporting worlds getting deleted (confirm?). Deletion may be caused by use of mods from 1.2 that have not updated.
* Levers can be placed on the bottom of a block, as long as there is an open space, and a block horizontal to the open space. The lever will act as if placed on the horizontal block, but looks glitched, as shown here: Media:Brokenlever.png
* If someone uses their bed in SMP, other players may get disconnected. (Un-Recognisable Packet ID: 17)
* Wooden Slabs are best mined with pickaxe, not an axe.
* Zombies cannot hurt players unless they are above them.
* If you toggle F3 (Debug Interface), and leave your world/server, the FPS tracker will stay with you in the main menus.
* Large chests may cause crashes when opening them (Unconfirmed: crashes may be caused by use of mods from 1.2 that have not updated).
^ Updated my server. No mods for now tho...
yeah, the texture patcher doesnt work either
just got this a 3 days ago, and i am hooked haha.
Try generating a world with "Glacier" word as a seed. Imo it looks quite awesome.
im half way thru editing textures for SDK's gun mod... atm there is a 64x64 pack but the guys link is broken. i still have the 64x64 pack and will upload it as soon as i get permission.... im working on a 256x256 texture pack for it... so far ive rezized all the images and now im touching them up in paint.net the shotgun is done already 63 item left to go! when finished the texture pack will be able to integrate with any other texture pack (eg http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=67932 ) and use mcpatcher to install.
got it today, very addictive!
do not like the addition of sleep in multiplayer
I don't like it much either. Just don't sleep... make others wait if they want. We brave the night here.
i have to wait before i can use the new update,.... im using a few mods that i dont want to lose so im waiting till they get updated first. im lucky i always make daily backups cause a lot of people dont and lost stuff or have corrupted worlds
wait, there is sleep now? how?
Just build a bed
but whats the point of sleeping its not gonna fast forward the time to morning is it?
Yes it fast forwards the time until morning, kinda useful for single player but annoying for multi as every one has to go to bed for it to work
i think it balances the multiplayer though, if anything you use it as decoration. no more using stone slabs for beds lol
no wonder someone pissed yesterday when i was in Wanny's server i wandered around when it was night i had no idea what were they talking about. lol
meh ignore them. They're addicted kids
yeah, I was being shouted at for ages until I noticed
and it was making no sense, it was just "SCATMAN GO BED OR LOG OFF"
i was like, its only 1am, what are you talking about
ROFL. I know they're not my friends... they're some teenager friends of a friend of a friend... :/