Minecraft anyone?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by the1nfection, May 1, 2013.

1. the1nfection

the1nfection Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800
    So ive been playing alot of Minecraft lately, and im kinda curious who else does. More importantly... Im wondering what peoples strategies are for semi-cooperative servers are.

I run a server, and our goal is to each build a 'base' and gather rescources, while attempting to be the first to reach certain milestones, either as groups or as solo players. i like to have my own base, however i regularly invite players over to go digging for diamonds together, or to make runs into the Neather. It seems like im always 5 steps behind other players however, no matter what i do. I never have the recources they do, except when it comes to food, where i seem to have so much that i cant even store it all.

Anyone have any good tips on building up faster? anything i should try to get done early?

Lastly, im planning on building a house completely run by redstone, down to the very last drop. Its going to have hidden doors with triple sealed walls, traps, and a hidden control room to control it all. Anyone good with redstone who will be willing to critique and help me improve my designs? i want this house to be the best it can, and ive never attempted a redstone project of this size before, so i may need help making sure it works properly. Thanks in advance! :)

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I run a server based around the Tekkit modpack, vanilla was too easy for us. You should try it if you haven't, the mods add so many cool and useful things.

3. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    things you should do earliest as possible, find a skeleton spawner and make an xp farm. then try to get a fortune 3 enchanted diamond pickaxe.
    it'll make you life much much easier haha

4. the1nfection

the1nfection Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800
    I actually found a book of fortune 2, and 2 books of silk touch 1 in a zombie dungeon. It was very nice, but since i was with a friend we split the loot. He took 1 of each book, and i got the silk touch 1. He paid me 5 diamonds and 14 redstone and 26 lapiz so he could have the 2 books when i only got one. It was pretty nice, mostly because i didnt have diamond tools yet, so putting the fortune 2 on an iron tool would have been a MASSIVE waste. Im saving my book of silk touch, so when i do build my first diamond pick i can harvest blocks of diamond ore and then later harvest them with a fortune pickaxe. It may not be as fast as just using fortune, but itll work about the same way.

I also already have access to my moms monster spawner, she has 2 spawn boxes feeding into it, so i can farm pretty well. (yes, my mom plays minecraft, and several other games like Eve, Diablo 2/3, and Civ. most badass mom EVER.)

Another thing ive been thinking about is... what kind of bases do you guys build? Ive got friends who make tree-houses, cavern bases, floating bases (i made one called the floating citadel). I have a friend who put lava around his base that fell from a height of 231, and was effectively his protection. Ive seen igloos, dirt huts, log cabins, and glass houses. Ive seen someone living in a pyramid, in a giant car, and even a 5 story hotel modeled after the hilton. Ive seen ships floating in the ocean, and underwater citys that reminded me of rapture (bioshock XD). So whats your favorate way to settle down? where do you like to hang your hat? is there anything youve built to live in that i havent seen? plz share, im curious to see what people come up with!