Might & Magic: Heroes VI announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Indeo, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I can bet SIX MILLIONS that it will be 6, it is early beta.

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
  3. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Resources number really is nerfed. Time for a good ol' online petition again. Also, some new unit screenies. AA is seriously missing, and there's still a lot of job to be done... But they already look way better than HoMM 5, that's good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now, a huge bonus... First Full HD gameplay screens! Looks so beautiful, just imagine what a little extra AA would do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800

5. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Did I ever mention that you're my favorite poster on guru3d? Seriously. :)

6. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    i thought arthas died in wrath of the lich king... :3eyes:

btw, i see lots of people here love dark messiah, i never really checked it out at all, will do now! :)

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it wouldn't be spamming if you opened a new thread about a different game. it would be spamming if there was such a thread already and you opened another one... I'm sure there's a Dark Messiah of M&M thread if you search for it, nothing wrong with resurrecting it imho...

EDIT: Here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=201406

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Gameplay footage including boss fights, neutrals, Inferno battles and adventure map

The video is in geman but you don't need to hear the B.S commentary to see how it plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYL0IZaKOrc

Here is the updated official site where you can view the creature info on all the creatures for the 4 revealed factions so far.

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-GB/game/creatures/index.aspx

BONUS SHOTS!!!

/s

Game screens showing partial lineup of each faction and each units custom catapault.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a nice battle screen from a ship battle ft. Inferno's big man the Pit Lord, it looks way cooler than the Devil ever did.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wow, the gameplay video looks amazing, still only 3 resources, I know I keep going on about it but I love the HoMaM series and I'm used to all the other resources... Maybe it won't affect gameplay too much, I'll have to wait and see. I'm re-installing HoMaM5 right now to get some of that sweet gameplay!

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The 3 resources won't be a negative at all.

I know you're used to more, we all are. But it didn't really do anything gameplay wise. Streamlining does not necessarily mean dumbed down.

Basically you used 1 main resource the rest you barely needed and usually just traded them away, aka depending on your faction, the other rare resources were useless besides your main one.

You could also just go 'oh well I'm out of gems, I'll just build something that doesn't need it. Now that there is only one rare resource....EVERY base will need it to some degree, it will encourage exploration as everyone will need the same mines etc. Before if you were Inferno and someone stole your gem mine it didn't effect you in the slightest, now if someone steals your mine...you'll wanna get it back asap.

All the gameplay changes so far are for the better. The 'area of control' where they can't take mines you have captured in close proximity to your town unless they take your town is awesome because it helps the game along. Instead of just spamming 1 unit heroes to steal mines they need to actually get a decent army together before taking your core mines.

Here is an official combat preview. The commentators are french and although they speak in english it can be hard to hear. Click the 'CC' button for captions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_UhnIfpAQ

EDIT

I don't know if you heard about this but when you capture an enemy town you can convert it to your faction which is AWESOME, because previously when you would do RMG or just custom maps etc when selecting random towns the team that would chance 2 teams of the same factions would have an unfair advantage due to being able to double up on units from that faction for uber powerful heroes and they wouldn't have to suffer negative morale from mixed factions either.

I think it's the best change yet but the area of control is great too, it will speed up gameplay a lot.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Release date announced:

US - 21st June
    Europe - 23rd June
    UK - 24th June

Bonus epic screenshot of a Haven hero fighting a Stronghold Colosseum

[​IMG]

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I am surprised that they took the 'Might and Magic' brand back on use.

I thing the there's several REALLY good games on 'Heroes of Might and Magic' series the whole idea of an original 'Archon' chess kind of play is very well
    executed usually and only thing usually wrong in these series is the plot and contant restarts of characters (HOMM 5 expansions failed because of this).

I can also say I miss the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was absolutely great game. Although, the original experience of their bad coding was pretty horrible and timing of
    the game was a bit 'before it ran well', but that's not a bad sign. I though Dark Messiah was so great they would do like several expansions and few new games based on it, but
    for my surprise there's not a single title after.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Beta? I want!

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    eclap iam typing this here, pls do not fight with me.

i just bought Might and magic V to play and see what this game is about...it looks a turn based game which u encounter with enemies. from that point game is like CHess i guess. U make moves, and enemy too after ur turn. probably u level up by defeating enemies etc..

The thing is if game is linear or open ended?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The demo is out! Weighs in at 4.2gb :/ yay!!! Can't wait to try it out, it's sitting on my hard drive while I'm having to work! :(

19. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    downloading demo. thanks for info eclap.
    i played the alpha months ago and it was alot better then heroes 5 but added some unwanted features. there are way to many skills/magic in the game. when you lvlup you get to chose from endless endless trees of skills for you character. there is no mage tower to purchase in city you learn magic when you lvlup. rly dont like that.
    that really is the only problem i had in otherwise much improved game.oh and you cant enter your city like you were able in all previous parts . as much as it bothered me at beginning i got used to it and got to like it. maybe the changed that in demo...
    downloading the demo hoping they cut down a bit on skills.im very eager to see movement of my heroe and mobs. coz in alpha that was rly messed up horse would sometimes glide in oposite directions or he would go left still facing forward haha and mob animations when fighting he would sometimes turn his back on a oponent and still exectue attack lolz. im sure thats sorted out by now :D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I hear they took out all randomness of skill acquiring. Terrible idea...
    The thing about heroes was to adapt with whatever skills AND spells u have on your disposal.

Unit design...
    All humans are white/silver, undead are green, inferno and fortress are red...
    basically all faction units look the same wtf
    And its my wild guess that they lost bulk of their time on graphics and unit design - for this??

"Basically you used 1 main resource" wth??????

Resource battle was the core of HoMM gameplay.
    In HoMM 3 especially. Your whole strategy was revolving around the resources available.

Ok, I dont have for these big guys, but I'll upgrade these little guys and buy Mage Guild 3 etc etc.

You barely had enough to make tier 7, and then the Magic Guild and the upgrades...
    You had to scrape and watch for every single resource.
    And if not, just give us armies and be done with it.