Microsoft Xbox 360 red ring lawsuit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TheGr81

TheGr81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon HD 7870 OC
    I have had 5 or 6 360s (I lost count) and every time it was replaced with no questions asked. The one time it happened before MS had extended the warrenty to 3 years and after the 1 year warrenty had expired and I was supposed to pay $100 to get it fixed but they fixed it for $50. Then when MS extended the warrenty, everyone that paid got a refund. I ended up getting a refund for $100 instead of the $50 I paid so I made money on the deal.

It is definitely unfortunate that it happeend and that MS did not immediately fix the problem but other than that they did everything they could to keep people happy. I'm not exactly sure what basis there is for a lawsuit.

2. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    my original 360 wouldnt play dvds, so i sent it in and they replaced it. after 2 weeks the replacement console gave me the rrod. so i actually sent it in and now im still waiting on it to get back to me, been about 1 1/2 weeks so far. doesnt cost me anything and i have a pc to keep me busy meantime but yea still rather lame either way because i paid all that money for it but cant use it. the 1st time they replaced my console they gave me a free month of xbox live gold card with it, so tha was good incase you were paying for tha service and woulda missed out on any pay for play time. i think the refund thing is a good idea for anyone whos fed up with it and like me maybe has had to replace multiple consoles, but the whole lawsuit is a utter failure when they ask for them to give up the profits.

3. Sparx

Sparx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    You thought wrong.. :p

4. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I find it hard to believe the 360 could make much profit selling for peanuts... I mean £129 for a console!??!

5. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Not when you consider the build quality of the machine. It's hardly the most substantial of pieces of hardware, it feels flimsy.

6. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Disagree, feels well made enough to me. Not the point anyway, they're not falling apart in people's hands.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    The basis is that they KNEW they were manufacturing and selling defective products, and still are for that matter. I was actually going to buy a 360 until I saw them blowing up left and right, I got a PS3 instead.

Also... damn, 6 of them? I mostly hear of people going through 2-4 and no one I know personally has gone through more than 3. M$ really hates you :wanker:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008