Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 32 bit

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by thamp3dude, Aug 29, 2007.

1. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    so its been installing for maybe 40min now........it did 2 automatic computer restarts within the first 10 min maybe........but for the past 30min its been on this screen switching messages saying...your computer is being updated...service pack is installing........your computer is being automatically configured...please down not power down........ for 30min its been doing this.. im kinda getting discouraged and im about to restart my computer. did this happen to anyone else?

2. mameira

mameira Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    can some1 upload or make a torrent for the 64bit version? i can't get it :S it keeps canceling itself

3. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    thats normal. mine did that for almost 3 hours, and it only takes me 15 minutes to install vista.

4. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    thanks i was just about to restart and download it from another link haha. yeah i just installed a clean vista today took 30 minutes........then i install an update a quarter the size of vista and its been an hour and still no sign of when it will be done +_+ wtf

5. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah know what ya mean.

6. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI/AMD X1650pro AGP Gdd3
    wow took a long time almost an hour to install the sp1beta. K, guys how do i uninstall this , incase if i need to in the future. I checked the windows update and Uninstall program section and there was no sp1 listed. I am worried---i can also see the watermark

7. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    I think people can uninstall it? I thought they could at least, try re-running the installer and maybe it will see that its already installed and give you a uninstall option.

8. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    i uninstalled it on 32bit by going on add/remove progs then i clicked updates and it was there... installed vista 64 and im gonna test this sp1 aswell ;)

9. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    Edited--- what is a good site l can upload this to, as l have the 64bit version downloaded, so will be willing to upload it.

also l am installing it right now so will tell you all how it goes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  10. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Installed and testing the x64 version. Other than the watermark (which doesn't bother me) everything seems OK so far.

11. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I downloaded with no problem, but the file was corrupt!
    I just revisited the page and there's a warning that downloads seem to be dropping off! :behead:

12. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI/AMD X1650pro AGP Gdd3
    K, i will try try running the installer again to c if i can uninstall. But i discovered more problems with IE7 , IE7 crashes whenever i go to sites www.slickdeals.net or even guru3d.com. I have to include ****/forums to get in. I installed flash player again but it didn't solve the problem. My other friend who installed the sp1 has the same problem(also couldn't find uninstaller)

13. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I want the 64bit! :bounce:

14. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    hi how do i change the region from en uk to en us is it in control panel under region and language settings then change the format?

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i would wait for official, no need really to install this one cuz, well if you update win at the regular basis it all ready has all those updates installed, well most of them. And you won't get any issues that might be noticable when this sp is installed ( its beta peps that means in need more a lot more testing), lol well you all that installed it, are the experiment rabbits here :D.

16. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Is it better to install it on a fresh install of vista without updates or with?

17. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    SP1 contains most (if not all) released hotfixes so it won't make a difference, the installer will just skip some files if you are running an up-to-date version of Vista.

18. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    i put x64 on and the sp1 ...games are much better none of that annoying stutter on the bf games ...overall i think its close to xp performance even cs:s is much better .... im gonna stick with vista from now on ...roll on crysis ;)

19. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    do you guys have the uninstall option or are you not able to uninstall it, I'm still unclear on what the truth of removing SP1 beta is?

20. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    meh i'm never even going able try sp1 beta x64 i set region to us but just gives an error wrong english languige pack installed only works with english german chinese etc ofc does't work on those settings either.
    or either gives error does't aply to your system even to i run vista ultimate x64

anything i'm doing wrong ? so can install it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007