Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 32 bit

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by thamp3dude, Aug 29, 2007.

1. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    well I installed this on my OEM vista premium and it has given me 15 days to reactivate ,but it has allso changed my license key,and allso put on desktop evaluation copy and cant get rid of it.
    and when trying to re-activate once, says not a valid licence key

2. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    thamp3dude, thanks for the post. Will try these out later when I get back from school (around 6PM.. :()

Mike.

3. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    my valid copy is still activated guess its just hit and miss

[​IMG]

4. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    Installed the service pack, took over an hour to do. I was worried at first because once I was fully booted into Vista my RAM and CPU usage shot up a lot, the CPU usage went down but Vista was taking up over 50% of my RAM (normally at 20-25%), waited a little longer and RAM usage went down to it's normal levels. tested two game; Bioshock and GRAW 2 - haven't got any performance gains or hits, but when exiting both games, it was a lot quicker returning to the desktop. The OS as a whole is more responsive, programs load up a lot quicker, and I've even got superfetch disabled. No performance gain on games (well the ones I tested) but the OS is a lot faster and responsive.

EDIT: Restarted the computer and have the Evaluation watermark and timebomb.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007

5. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    yo i got this watermark now too after a reboot and yes everything is way more respomsive

but how do we know for sure this is a time bomb?

6. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    It is a timebomb, but not for the entire OS, just the service pack. As soon as you uninstall it and restart, the watermark and timebomb will disappear.

As for the watermark, you can get rid of it, search "Vista RTM watermark" in google and you will get tutorials on how to get of it, I've got rid of my watermark through doing that.

7. thamp3dude

thamp3dude Member

GPU:
    asus strix 1080ti
    umm not got either of these Evaluation watermark and timebomb m8 ,guess its just a hit and miss we every1's pc .. yeah been running over a day now ,at first my hard drive was thrashing away like mad & was using 10% more memory ,but seems settled now ...i have superfetch enabled ,probually explains why the hard drive was thrashing away ...def the os is more responsive & games seem a little smoother .... nice tips uncleknacker on getting rid of them little probs people are getting:bunch:

8. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    so how long do i get to keep this for?

9. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    Well on mine it says April 4th, so it will be then, give or take a day. The actual SP will be out before then though, so it won't be a problem.

10. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    keep it till the official:rpg: sp1 is out

11. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    ok another issue now is when i go to install any other hot fixes or whatever

like the 2 just posted here on guru for gaming

it says the hot fixes are not for my system or some crap and will not install.

why?

and yes they are for vista 32 which i run,or 86 or whatever u call it

12. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    that happend to e b4 i had sp1 on its because you already have them on ;)

13. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    hmmm i shall check now lol

i hope u are correct

ok just looked in 2 places on my sustem and i do not see the new 2 hotfixes anywhere.

i also tried 2 others and get the same message

this update does not apply to your system.

now my windows is activated and all that crap.

so now i am not sure as to what to do.

do i uninstall sp1 beta and try?

or keep beta and be happy with it?

14. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    hmm not sure on that 1 ...i think the sp makes vista lot better i play bf2 alot and it smoothed out the small stutter which i would get when i first started to play those hotfix's dont make any difference for me i have them on b4 i put sp1 on ...

15. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Crap, tried running it last night and all I got was an installation error. I checked to make sure it was the FULL 684MB (and it was). This was also done on a freshly reformatted Vista.

Maybe something got corrupted in the download. Going to download again and re-run it. Hopefully it will install without any complications. :/

Mike.

16. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    make sure that your region setting are set to us or it wont install im uk and had 2 change 2 us region setting :(

to those worried about a time bomb i get the water mark as well so 2 make sure its still activated and it says it is heres a screen

[​IMG]

17. Monkey5900

Monkey5900 Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d X1800XT 256MB @ Stock
    offtopic: thats one sexy looking desktop mikeva901

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    how do i see or change the regional setting?

any other reasons these things will not install?

i am curious to get to the bottom of this to see if my os is now messed up and if i may need to reinstall it.

hope i do not.

i also did the command prompt thing and mine says permanently activated as well

a little off topic but please help

i was having this issue where sometimes my 2900xt would switch out of 3d mode during a game and i would have to restart pc to have it resume 3d mode

it crashed bioshock the other day and i guess it was due to this

i notice a drop in fps when the switch occurs

now i believe i have not noticed this until i installed rivatuner newest version and this is the first time that i have used riva as an on screen display for temps and frames and also the fiorst time i set up a fan profile.

i deleted the rivainstall thinking it could have been the profiles i set up

then reinstalled and noticed the same thing.....

i am also unsure if it happens when i sometimes minimize my game to see a temp and then switch back....i do notice that i can switch from full scree to minimize with out it happening but am unsure if multiple switches cause this.

my card come nowhere close to overheating and i am pretty sure my cpu does not either

i am overcloked quite a bit but all was stable 12hrs orthos.

if you have any idea or any input please let me know.

though it may be worht noting i am running the bioshock hotfix drivers.

i also never had this issue until i installed them as well

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  19. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    well figured it out with the water mark,re-installed vista from scratch but left all settings to default language (us) and installed the service pack and when installed the water mark did not appear.so set all my settings to uk and upon reboot the water mark re-appears ,so that must be the problem for the water mark only to appear when set to other than default us language.

20. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    yeah thanks i also had a pure glass aero on looked really good with the black background but sp1 replaced my modified files but aero still looks good :pc1: