Microsoft will release Xbox Series X in November - Halo infinite delayed to 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Just saw that, I'm still waiting for the cost etc.

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The assumption at the moment is between £500 and £600, similar in dollar/euros depending where you are in the world.

PS5 popped up on amazon for 500 euros, since the console is higher spec, they will either match or go a bit higher.

Halo being delayed is quite a bit thing, they now don't have a launch title before the muti-platform and game pass (which personally do not like the idea of a netflix of games, prefer to own them myself) But each to their own

4. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Considering that the way owning a game now on PC boils down to your license agreement at the time of purchase, even the definition of ownership is up for debate, which is a damn shame.

5. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    True, though the pass is more like renting i guess? if you don't pay it goes away.

Though PC is kind of like that unless you get it on disc, but there is a bit more protection around it far as i know in the EU. Unsure about other places and the protection there. Or you know buy a physical copy and don't run into these issues

6. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    That would of been a great sell Xbox series x and Halo

7. Signature launch title missing its own console’s launch window. I’m sure Microsoft & 343 are aware of the lost opportunities here.

8. Jamethe80sman

Jamethe80sman Member

GPU:
    2060 Super
    Is it me or does that game list look tired? Maybe I'm getting old but new and original games are so rare these days it hurts!

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Microsoft's biggest folly this new gen is the commitment to 2 years of cross gen with the original Xb1. It does not incentivise anyone to get the XSX.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  10. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    They couldn't do otherwise. Dropping support especially since the existence of xbox one x would be a disaster, both legally and with their fan base. X1X is only 3 years old. By 1-2 years more it will be 4-5, so it will become last top console legacy. X1S came out in 2016. In 2021 will be fully 5 y.o.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There is nothing "illegal" about it. It's not anti-consumer either. the X1X was a mid gen spec bump but still 100% based on the X1 base console.

It is dumb to hamstring the XSX with games that can scale down to X1 and its 5400RPM HDD.

It's a console make a new gen and make games FOR THE NEW GEN.

This decision will be what undoes the XSX just like the Kenect and Internet required of the X1 at launch undid it (then never recovered and studios that partnered with MS jumped ship).

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    They should provide support for xbox one x for 3 years since xbox series x official year of release, 2020-2021-2022 to be legal and non anti-consumer. We never got many xbox one x enhanced games and never all got enhanced. XSX will face the same fate as X1X.

You can go an check the list with X1X enhanced games. It isn't big, not big at all. Microsoft has a debt to pay for gamers bought that enhanced X1 console or they could be brought down to court for abandoning it.

That's why for 2 more years, we are gonna get both X1X enhanced and XSX optimized games. So they will be hitting two birds with one stone. ;)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Because it will be held back by the original X1 they will continue to not sell. Xbox is dead as a console and Xbox will soon just be a service which honestly what M$ wants. If they can still print money and not produce hardware then they will see it as a win.

14. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Wow... that's like Nintendo trying to launch a console without Zelda or Mario. This will not end well for Microsoft. People will most likely hold off buying the console until they can play several decent AAA games on it.

itpro and Loophole35 like this.
  15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So the entire generation if the last gen Xbox exclusives are anything to go by.

Ricepudding and itpro like this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    The only hope for MS at the moment is a bundle of console with xbox series x "signature" game. Buyer needs to feel those graphical "upgrades". As far as it seems no "exclusives" or interesting optimized options for 2020. It should be pushed back to 2021 but people would buy ps5 in Black Friday or Holidays. Microsoft is in deep trouble.

17. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They can't really push it back, Everyone would just be buying a ps5 from now till next year. Have to remember a lot of people buy them also because their friends have them.

But least me personally not even looking at the xbox, I know all the games come to PC anyway but even if that was not the case I wouldn't care to look unless something massive happens. Xboxone gen was awful, I can't even name a single good game on there that is worth it's salt. Gear? Halo was awful and um... what else came out?

itpro likes this.
  18. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Curious how much money they make from this server, they always adversite it for a dollar, or in my case get it free with my cereal xD

Sad thing is microsoft are needed, Nintendo do their own things. If it was just Sony with the playstation I do wonder If we would see as much quality in their games

Loophole35 likes this.
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    The worst thing is that Microsoft's "marketing". I have many android phones that support hdr and I can enjoy YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Xbox one x, cannot give 1080p/1440p 60/120hz hdr signal. It's only doable at 4k uhd. TrashboxX.

I have no clue if this gets fixed in xbox series x. If I am forced only 4k uhd hdr, I will turn into pc gaming only and ps5 exclusives. Enough with 60fps.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That's odd even the base PS4 supports 1080p HDR.

What pisses me off is the X1X is a great piece of hardware it just lacks the software in both games and UI. It astounds me that the company developing the Xbox is a software company first.

Deleted member 213629 and itpro like this.