Microsoft to bring Dolby Atmos support towards Xbox One

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    All of a sudden I'm glad to have a xbone.

3. hapkiman

hapkiman Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    For an entry level 4k/UHD Blu-Ray player it's hard to beat the XBOX One S. It's only downfall was the lack of high quality audio support like Atmos. This seems to fix that so...I'm in.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Now I'm gonna need to upgrade to an Xbox One S. And a 4k tv!

5. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti 1950/21.4G
    Still waiting next year to see what 'Scorpio' will bring. Spend more time on my PC these days with that Xbox play anywhere initiative (Gow 4 was a positive surprise for a PC Microsoft game in a long time).

I'd only buy the One S if you got the money to throw around and NEED an Xbox One right now or if 'Scorpio' happens to be triple the One S price at launch (with its specs on paper).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    This is really cool (I never heard of Atmos until now) but it's sad knowing it probably isn't going to get anywhere for a while. It's hard enough justifying a 5.1 surround setup. There's so little media out there that properly supports 7.1, let alone channels above your head.

7. vazup

vazup Master Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    It would be a waste of a whole year if someone would wait for Srorpio and then just buying a regular xbox because of a better price lol.

8. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Triple the cost would put it at $900 and guarantee the system doesn't sell. My guess is it will debut at $500. I have an S and I am very happy with it. I mostly use it for 4K BR and some couch gaming. I had a 360 a while back and having some of my digital purchases show up and BC was a nice little bonus.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I have the original phat xb1, but the slim i picked up there with bf1 qnd gears 4 is just phenomenal, if you want it will upscale everything to 4k, something it does really well,1080p blue rays just look amazing upscaled, eveything just pops, colour, lighting,......and i am running through Alien Isolation on the pc hooked up to the 4k tv, just simply eye candy to the max, the slim is what the xb1 should have been at day one, assuming the tech was around then to make it that small. Ha.

You will not be disappointed.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Bad ass...... And now with the price point at no more than $249!!!! I'll be scooping up a new OLED HDR capable 4K screen at the price drop in 2017 along with an Xbox one S.... Never thought I'd ever be saying that......ever......