Microsoft to add Refresh on Demand to Windows Defender

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 11, 2017.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    If it wasn´t for gaming, i think i would have switched to Linux a few years ago... Unless Linux alternatives are really bad...

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Windows 10 is actually pretty good and the best user friendly Windows version by a significant margin. It ain't perfect, but neither is iOS, Linux or anything else for that matter.

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Refresh is actually already a thing in the safe boot options afaik.

Its under advanced tools or something.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    What I meant is that you won't have Pages and some other build in apps on newer ipads if you switch account, in case you sell it or another users gets it but without linking it to your cloud.
    Hence why Apple also has those default apps in their shop.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    most have no choice, very lil know how to use linux or or iOS or what ever apple calls it these days.

And many companies dont want to pay to train people on different OS.

MS OS is used by 90% world.

If i had the will power to want to switch to diffrent OS I would moved to linux by now and if game wouldnt be issue

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I use Acronis True Image 2015 for that so i can decide what to do. It's scheduled to make a backup every friday.

Also because i use NOD32, Windows Defender is automaticly disabled.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So...you hate the best?

You know, there's this restaurant down the road with the best mac & cheese i have ever had. But hey, since we hate things that are the best, i must hate it! I hate that mac & cheese because it's not...!!...wait, what is it not? it's the best i have ever had, what can i hate about it if it's the best i've ever had? Hmmm....

People who complain about something they use because there is no better alternative have a couple options.

1. Do your best within the means possible to try and get the OS's developer to change or add something

2. Make your own OS.

Notice how complaining isn't an option there?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. weewoo87

weewoo87 Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850
    Sounds like an easy way to remove all the bloatware from a pre-built...could come in handy.

9. chronek

chronek Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    It started from that Microsoft was jealous of Apple os reputation, appearance, apple store and multidevice connecion, etc etc
    They started with previous windows and slowly forcing changes and there is no alternative, old users do not like or want it.

Before Windows was platform for programs, now is apple-like service (cause even Microsoft in license say it is now service, not OS)

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You've never gotten a new computer full of bloat? This can remove all that with one click. WTF is wrong with some people.