Microsoft the most hated tech company, and Ubisoft in the game industry

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DannyD likes this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I guess the whole reason Ubisoft is hated is because of their niche Anno series? Millions of people play Battlefield and FIFA so therefor EA will never be hated as kids never played the classics that EA burried.

I recently bought a bunch of History Editions from Ubisoft and their superb quality, exactly what a remaster should be like.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    All this hate even before Windows 11 release. A year from now they will be despised even more.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It means nothing todays world. Using their tech playing their games and still hating. People are hypocrites. I bet most of them used windows to vote against microsoft.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    A bit surprised that EA is not on the list.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    That could be the main reason for the hate. People are locked into MS systems with no viable alternatives. :D

7. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    It's hard to live in todays world without some hypocrisy, the world is controlled by people without our best interests at heart. These people, companies, states etc all do plenty of things I despise but they also provide stuff I need or want. Avoiding this is not as easy as it sounds.
    Plenty of people would disagree with practices of big energy companies but will be happy to use the stuff coming through the pipelines in Afghanistan whilst conveniently forgetting what it took to get them built.
    People are locked into a world with no viable alternatives, that's the job of the people with all the money and power, to only offer 'alternatives' that stay within a pre-designated framework and maintain the status quo.

Airbud, sykozis and Cplifj like this.
  8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    EA is dead, only survive with Apex and the Sim...

DanielRX likes this.
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Madden, FIFA?

10. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Here for the BSOD :D.
    Until we meet again...

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    hmm... You reckon it would be less hypocritical if they voted microsoft without using windows?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes. If one believes something is bad you stay away from it. Using a windows to vote against microsoft makes you a hypocrite.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    sykozis and WalterDasTrevas like this.
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    nah... all it makes you is unsatisfied customer.
    voting Microsoft without using Windows makes you a loonie.

carnivore and Undying like this.
  14. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Tesla is the most hated brand in Serbia!? ROFL

Only a few Tesla cars are driven here in Serbia atm, how come some piece of tech can be hated so much if just a handful of people here can afford to buy it? Or maybe that's the main reason for hate, dunno :rolleyes:

First buy it, or at least try it and if one doesn't like it than he has the right to hate or else gtfo!

Airbud and Undying like this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Even as someone who doesn't use any MS products for personal use, I'm honestly a bit surprised about this. If this was Vista era MS I would totally get it, but MS today isn't as full of greed and incompetent developers as they used to be.

I also don't really get the hate for Sony either. Sure, they tend to be pretty annoying when it comes to Playstation, but they make a whole lot more products than that.

Undying likes this.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Only a few Telsa cars are driven in most countries. Most of them are bland and boring to look at, let alone buy.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Wait who tf hates Ubisoft more than Activision??? Crazy people. I guess it's the CoD brainwash effect.

linoleum likes this.
  18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I can understand the "hate" towards MS but being the most hated tech company seems exaggerated, there are worse companies than them...

sykozis and Duke Nil like this.
  19. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @alanm/Zooke
    no one is locked into anything.
    that consumer made that choice, intelligent or not, without being forced at gunpoint.

@Undying
    please explain how i can "find out" if i like or dont like something,
    without having it in the first place?
    and ppl are then supposed to just throw away their windows copy (or even the hw).
    you do realize that are ppl on this planet unable to replace something (not broken), just because they dont like it?

@Ghosty
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    if all liked the same things, we would all be happy with the "cloned copy" of one item...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  20. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I don't get it too, why so mush hate for Sony? Would like to see targeted group/age of people who were questioned for this study, maybe it was mostly older ones who hate watching their youngsters spending hours while gaming on their Playstation consoles.

I understand what you're trying to say about the look and price, although the look of few latest Tesla's is far away from ugly imho. Here on my side insane acceleration and torque is the thing that makes Tesla cars, and other high-performance electric cars, apealing to me as time goes by, although no way my wallet would be deep enough to afford to buy new one in next year, two, three (hate credit, cash only). So far didn't had a chance to drive in any high-performance electric car, never even saw any Tesla car in person tbh. For now I'm more than satisfied with fast cars using combustion engines and manual transmision of course, engine roar (hell I don't even want to listen to the car audio past few decades lol) but think it's all gonna change once I take on a passenger, or even better driver seat of some Tesla or (wishfull thinking) Rimac car. Few relatives (far away) had a chance to try few Tesla's and they said that the feeling while accelerating is a game changer. All I'm left to do for now is to watch YT vids about passenger reactions while driving in Tesla, Rimac and other eSupercars :D

Back on topic... "Fact" that Tesla is most hated brand here in Serbia is nothing more than stupid, extremely-stupid.

Airbud and Ghosty like this.