Microsoft says Xbox 360 is its product for people who can't go online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    "Hey, I can empathize, if I was on a nuclear sub, I'd be disappointed."

So it works everywhere except on nucler submarines eh?
    What kind of people do Microsnoop hire anyways?

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    M$ are diggin a deep hole that they might not be able to get out of. Xbox 360 was released in the days when not too many people were online talking about pros and cons of new consoles.this time it's different. people are laughing at them or are really pi$$ed off. Don't think that there are that many loyal HALO players that they will sell more Xbox1 than SONY theirs PS4

4. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I know that there are quite a few people who can't be online, but...

Think about the progress - if you'd want Steam-like features in console games, the whole console system should be designed for online gaming. I bet this situation is a problem for maybe less than 1% of the users, and still it's described as one of greatest issues. Perhaps whey could opt for offline mode like in Steam instead of so often online checks.

However, if Sony implements all the good features related to always-online properties of Xbox One without the related issues, I'd rather think about getting PS4.

Xbox1 and PS4 are kinda similar in many ways, but picking one isn't easy, unless you live in offline area, but at the same time you wouldn't be reading this post. It's very much about controller preference and whether the new Kinect is so game-changing. Also without many exclusives, I doubt that the new Kinect will be utilized in 100% of its potential.

5. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I think we all miss the point :
    Consoles where first develop for offline gaming, if i want to go to a cotage on the mountains and i don't have internet but i want to have some games to play what do i do.
    Plus still only half or lover of the world population has internet at home so ......

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    First consoles were developed for offline gaming m well of course, there was no internet back then.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I can play any of my Steam games offline par online only titles. You do not achieve progress by removing accessibility.

Hah. I have the fastest broadband available in the UK and I know which console I definitely wont be buying. Hint: It looks like a tape cassete case.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no way out for microsoft...colossal fail in my opinion.

9. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    theres no better words than this.

10. Era

Era Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680OC
    Apparently you won't have to chose between them for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Nintendo and Micro$haft are not competition this time around, that's pretty sad. Seriously this is not good, when was the last time a lack of competition was ever good? Hell I'd be happy to even see Apple take a stab at it, someone, anyone needs to compete with them, they can't be left uncontested. Pippin 2, where you at?!

12. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    For me, the problem was never a matter of whether or not I have internet, but the problems that can happen on Microsoft's end. If they have to go down for a few hours for maintenance then there goes gaming for everybody who owns an Xbone. If a group of hackers decide they don't like Microsoft's practices and attack the servers...then there goes gaming for everybody who owns an Xbone.

Then there's a problem that we have with the PC currently that Microsoft could be adopting by using this new system, like when everybody tries to download or play a major online release all at the same time, à la Sim City or Diablo III.

If any of those things happen it's only going to alienate people who have purchased games that they can't play when they want to.

Also, if you don't live in one of these countries, you won't have access to XBL when the XBone launches: **Added** (Got Ninja'd by Era :)) **Added**

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Italy
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

Since the Xbone is region locked, people that don't live in these countries will be unable to play games, even by importing, because the Xbone will not connect to XBL if you try and use it in a country that isn't on that list. Of course they'll be opening it up to more countries as time goes on, but it's not a very good launch strategy, imo.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    u guys are forgetting the xbox one will be successful because it just has to sell to all the 360 users who just know of the systems existance but not of the problems most users don't know and guess who will get the flac once they find out when they try and use it in non online places etc the stores they bought it from...

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    So basically that means if I move from Canada to any other country, I have to buy a new box? That's bullsh*t.

deltatux

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Seriously they are not getting a penny off me. They can keep their Xbox One or Xboner as people are calling it. They can keep their overpriced, weak, pathetic attempt at trying to take over my living room. They have basically handed this up coming console generation to Sony. Sony are in a much better position now, they have a more powerful box, a cheaper box, a better appealing box, and gamers are on their side. The people who will buy these boxes day one will be gamers, and if those gamers have any sense they will buy PS4. Heck even the current preorders for PS4 out weight those of Xbox One by three to one! The people who will talk about your box are gamers and Microsoft have pissed them off to no end, so the only feedback they have now is negative.

I watched it live on GT.com and they had that new trending GDEX thing where it gathered all the public response on the current machines and it was neck and neck with Microsoft and Sony for a while until Sony's conference when Xbox One had 90% negative feedback and PS4 had 80% positive feedback. Even the next day the Wii U feedback was beating the Xbox One!

Sorry Microsoft, but you have well and truly fudged your self on this one, Sony just saw the opportunity to twist the knife in further the knife you stabbed your selves with.

16. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    MS is missing the point, we just don't want internet based DRMs to play games, we want our games to be available at all time so that if there is a maintenance of any sort, we can still play! same thing for when we want to bring the console to a place without Internet, we just want to play anywhere, at any time.

17. Era

Era Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680OC
    Unless you move to one of the 190+ countries where it's not available at all.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    In a round about way they just stated the Xbone is region locked.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Just to pipe in about something, I've seen xbox one compared to pc gaming quite a few times now but thats BS.

I had over 2 months of not having any internet on my pc yet I could still load steam and origin up and play many of my games and then I have a bunch of other games that are not on any service like that and they worked too.

So no it's nothing like pc gaming as I played happy for months without internet.

20. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    It's region locking taken one step further. This will be the first console that I know of that will actually prevent you from playing games if it detects you're in an unsupported country, although you could always connect to a VPN, of course. :)