Microsoft Releases Windows 10 November 2019 Update (1909)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    If this would some minor phone update ok, otherwise changelog or selection of main features in list is ridiculous.

2. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    It seems that MS uses some sort of algorithm that staggers the updates across computers so that their update servers don't get overwhelmed. I have 5 Win10 computers in my home, very seldom do two of them get an update like this at the same time. It's always staggered. Sometimes it will be a week or more before it becomes available on some of the systems.

Irenicus likes this.
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, its not available for everyone, its only coming through for those machines that are compatible. :)

fry178 likes this.
  4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    well at least one of the updates i received prior to be offered 1909, has bumped my idle cpu load.
    i usually stay between 0-1%, now it wont drop below 2, stays around 3-4 and peaks to 6-8,
    without anything else changed prior to updates.
    will do the 09 update and see if it gets better.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Powercolor 6900XTX
  6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's not a test, that's a potato.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    It's way beyond their QC just sucking; a LOT of the major issues should have never even reached QC. Like the dumbass associating with some MS cloud nonsense, even if you've never used, which deleted the downloads folder. WTF to it having that association, WTF to ANYTHING being allowed to wipe a folder, etc, etc. Should have not reached QC, ever, any competent employee would never code something like that. MS just flat out suck and are delusional due to their bullshit monopoly. frack "bUt iT's YoUr fAuLt FoR nOt uPdAtInG rEgUlArLy LeAdiNg tO M$ fOrCiNg ThIs!!!11one", those are the same people who blame rape victims.

carnivore likes this.
  8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Update to my post: Tried again today and it installed just fine. No idea why it refused to do so previously.

Actually not sure if this is the same update, I'm on build 19013.vb release 102025-1609

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I always wait a week with these updates 100% of the time. The sample size here(@guru3d) is too small to trust, i feel a week is plenty of time for issues to be spotted and reported.

fry178 likes this.
  10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    So far so good, installed in my Ryzen rig....now, I'm gonna try to install it in my other two rigs, both older Intels.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Update installed without issue. We'll see if any issues crop up over the next few days.... Prefer to create installation media and update that way, but oh well....no media creation tool posted for 1909 yet.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Does Microsoft release a list anywhere of what is compatible?

13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    "we made everything great again.."
    Sits down and smokes big cigar :D

airbud7 likes this.
  14. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    WTF... Updated and... no drivers reset, no settings reverted to defaults.

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    That's only true of Windows, corporate software that has no competition, and AAA title games. Sure, those make up the largest volume of distributed software, but to me, most software is handled appropriately (or at least with an honest attempt).

I've been running my home PCs without Windows for almost a full year now, and it surprises me how little of an impact that has had on me, other than of course having more free time not having to deal with updates. I still can't figure out why Windows updates take so damn long.

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Lol, take long?
    On a system not slowed down by hdds,
    I only see it being slow when i dl the data (only 50 Mb line), even the 1909 update didn't take more than 2 min.

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I had a very strange issue after this update. My 2nd monitor was showing blue/green artifacts on videos. My primary monitor was fine. I could even drag a paused video between the two monitors and see one was fine, the other with artifacts.

I did the usual troubleshooting and unplugged the monitor (rebooted 1st which didn't solve the problem), plugged it back in again and all is fine now.

Anyone ever encounter such a strange issue and have an explanation as to why this may have occurred?

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't think so, its all done by some AI thing, i think.

If yours is compatible, then it'll show up for download.

KissSh0t likes this.
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Autodesk, EA, Ubisoft, 2K, Blizzard, Apple... 90% of commercial software. This is the trend. And this is what you would learn now in most of Universities.

Unit testing? It's a waste of time!
    Profiling? Well I was able to start it...
    Debugging? I swear in debug mode there were not pointer exceptions!
    Formal methods? What the hell is it?!

fry178 likes this.
  20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Not sure what your point is here. Some of those brands you listed do a decent job at QC. None of them perfect (nobody is) but they don't make mistakes so frequently that people are worried if the next update breaks something significant. Key word here is "mistakes" - some of these companies will release something crappy, but isn't broken.