1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft next-gen Xbox, codenamed “Project Scarlett” powered by a custom AMD CPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Yes, of course they have, and that usually is the case too. But my point was consoles are not the inherent cause of crippling a game's graphical development, which is what Astyanax seemed to be implying. Typically, games are developed up to the point of the weakest system capable of running it, but that doesn't always happen and there are plenty of times games ported from consoles ended up being graphically better on PC.
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. I don't disagree with any of that, but I don't see how that's related to what I was talking about. To me, it seems like you think I find PCs aren't that much more capable than consoles, and I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
    When I say that consoles aren't restricting games ported to PC from having improved graphics (such as high-detail textures or shadows), I'm not saying "PC hardware is also pushed to its limits", but rather "being a game designed for consoles first doesn't mean it can't/won't be visually improved for PC". There are several current-gen games on consoles that are distinctly improved on PC, when it comes to things you mentioned like 4K-capable textures and better shadows.
    I agree with all of that too. I find it weird you claim to disagree with me when hardly anything you're saying seems to be disagreeable to me. I think your disagreement with me is due to a misunderstanding.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hmm seems I indeed got you wrong with most of it, sorry fellow guru.

Btw, THIS is discussion and conversational culture at work.

schmidtbag likes this.
  3. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070ti
    Well devs. prefer the console over the PC as its cheaper for customers.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I read that right it will play all xbox games going back to the original and they will play better, maybe look better too??? I do hope Sony will do this too

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think Sony is only stretching back to the PS4.

It is possible that Sony will use the increased hardware to help emulation, but its very unlikely.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    The present xbox one is already playing games from the original xbox, but if you have a XBX some are them are enhanced to run at 4k, Panzer Dragoon orta is pure eye candy on the X, Morrowind is another that got the 4k treatment, so i can't wait to see what they continue to add to bc on the next one, but bc is now not enough, i hope they continue to enhance these games as it is a fantastic feature and so much better than just plain old bc support now.