Microsoft leak PowerPoint presentation of retail shop plans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Sparx, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Sparx

Sparx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    Full Article: http://moderngeeks.co.uk/microsoft-leak-powerpoint-presentation-of-retail-shop-plans/

They actually look really cool! I would actually go, haha.. M$ are getting a little better with themselves now these days.. Seem to be building a more 'loving' brand name for themselves again now since Windows 7 showing to be quite promising! :)

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Meh - they look cool, but remember gateway? They basically bankrupted themselves doing their own stores. Dunno if it's worth it, maybe, maybe not. We'll see I guess.

3. Sparx

Sparx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    Well - yeah, but - this is Microsoft.. They have money pouring out of there ears and could waste a few billion trying this retail store idea out and not bat an eyelash.. :3eyes:

I have a feeling they will work anyway..

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    sounds like its built for people like Paris Hilton or something with their fancy shopping bags and hoity toity stuff.
    I'll never see one in my town anyway so who cares.

5. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    If they tried to look less chique and just filled the store with a bunch of fancy toys, I'd dig it.

I'd love to see the Surface demos, though. Especially if it will interact with their Project Pink..

6. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    What it says in the article is exactly what I thought when I saw the layoy...Sneaker Stadium minus the clothes racks (Sneaker Stadium went out of business in the 90's)
    and a cell phone shop.

7. goodald

goodald Member Guru

GPU:
    580 Asus DCII
    If anything, it's probably a way for Microsoft to have more of a 'face' with the consumer. I imagine this is as much marketing as it is selling stuff.

One thing I like, they actually have registers! I recently bought an iPhone (android's taking too long to get decent hardware on a decent carrier) and went to an apple store for the first time. Yeah, I guess going somewhere on one of their busiest days (4 days after the new hardware launched) is going to seem kind of hectic but not knowing how to even pay for something, or where to go even, is kind of ridiculous.

I do get it now..... but really.. a register somwhere would have been nice :)

8. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    as long as steve ballmer is in one of the stores so I can go knock him out and walk out

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Hmm, I dunno what to think of this? What exactly would MS be selling in these stores? Mice, Keyboards, OS's, Xboxes, Software, Office Equipment? or what? The only thing I can see as a plus for me is easy access to Full Software, and not upgrade editions.

10. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Microsoft seems to be trying to get in every aspect of life nowadays and will have a lot in these stores. And they're not doing too shabby. So far they've got:

-Windows (pretty much the world's default OS for computers. Also iterations for a mobile OS)
    -Xbox (a successful entrance to the console market)
    -Zune (a shaky foray into the media player market, but still in existence, which is a good thing for them)
    -Computer/Vehicle Integration (Microsoft Sync. So far just manages music and cell phone activity in American cars. Doubtlessly more on the way.)
    -Surface (With this they can pretty much get into anything. Imagine a restaurant where the table is the menu, the waiter, and the entertainment.)

And things that are coming but not available yet:

-Project Natal (seems to be less about gaming and more about making the Xbox a more universal system. If the videos are to be believed it will incorporate communications, file transfers, interaction between consoles over a network, an entertainment library, and motion-sensitive/voice activated control. And all with the possibility of integrating it further with a house in the future.)
    -Project Pink (MS has made phone OSs, but this will be their first actual phone, and likely an attempt to incorporate everything that they've got together to counter the iPhone.)

And who knows what else they're cooking. Microsoft is trying to make a push out of the computer market and become the company that creates every technological piece of equipment that you use. Essentially, they want to be our electronic overlords. I'm guessing that we'll be buying all this crap from those MS Stores.

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Just another prime place for a stick up.

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hmmm you can have your birthday there?

like microsoft strippers? :D