Microsoft (DOUBLE CROSS US PC GAMERS)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tahirahmed, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

dunno cod4 was a arcade shooter on rails short with clown car enemies and scripted ai, debatable entirely if it was the best fps game in a long time, great story fun for one play thru and i am sure the mp was fun if you like arcade shooting.

dx10 was advertised as the more efficient than dx9 for gaming, promised awsome new visuals etc the best thing since sliced bread basically, it fails period. nm it already being phased out for dx11 as vista is for windows 7.

while it might be wiz to develop with all the benefits fell way short when you can get 95% of the effects in dx9 and a better frame rate by a good clip.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Name one Microsoft game that wasn't released on DX. Oh, that's right, you can't.

I'm growing tired of talking about this because trying to argue against someone who is so tied up in their anti-microsoft agenda is like talking to a brick wall.

How about Crysis? Microsoft gave crytek the development tools to develop a game on PC, that still isn't out for consoles. How about Dungeon Siege? Stalker? Age of Mythology? Flight Simulator? Command and Conquer series? Sim City? World in Conflict? Company of Heros? Warhammer Series? World of Warcraft? All these games all developed using Microsoft tools, all available exclusively on PC first. Where were you then, talking about how Microsoft was screwing over the console gamers?

Microsoft is a business. They build tools, develop games, support games all to make a profit, not to please. If that's what you've been trying to say this whole time, well then congratulations, you passed business class 101.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3507

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and dx10 looked great on paper to? did crysis run better in vista and dx10 vs XP and dx9?

while it might turn out epic we will have to wait and see when it is running in windows 7 to see if all the promised efficiency lives up to the tech sheets. i would be happy if it succeded where dx10 fell flat because we heard the exact same marketing with it also.

5. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    In defense of the OP (which I don't really agree with or care about his opinion btw) we are talking about Microsoft Games. Games that are developed by game studios owned & operated by Microsoft. I.E. Bungie, Lion Head Studios etc. I'll name two. Halo 3 & Fable 2 (whoever said it's made by Lion Head & not microsoft is only half correct. Lion Head has been owned by Microsoft since 2006). Halo 3 will eventually come to PCs I hope, but that is part of the OPs argument. MS isn't releasing games for the PC (not right away anyways). I believe Halo Wars will be console only as well < don't quote me but I thought I read that is was tailord specifically for the 360 & the 360 contoller.

And who gives a **** about this stuff in reference to Windows 7. It's still a better OS & it plays all games just fine. Microsoft defnitly supports PC gaming. What if we didn't have DX at all? Jesus imagine that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  6. tahirahmed

tahirahmed Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB
    Yes Microsoft gave tools to Crytek but it was Crytek's decision to make the game PC exclusive not Microsoft so stop defending Microsoft. I have nothing against Microsoft, I just don't like their wicked ways of taking over both markets PC and Console while they actually support console more then PC

and most of the other games you mentioned are strategy games (lols you do anything to make prove yourself correct, right ?). Strategy games are meant for PC (Now don't take it as a bold statement). Strategy games are better played with mouse and keyboard shortcuts rather then a console controller (God now I have to teach you which game plays better on what platform).

Are you a PC Gamer at all ? The combination of keyboard and mouse is the most versatile control system, whether its FPS, TPS or strategy game, keyboard + mouse provides better control provided you know how to use it.

So stop posting names of strategy games, oh no Denial can control hundreds of units in Company of Heroes and Command & Conquer with console controller, don't make me laugh.

And yes Microsoft did a great job inventing the technology of DirectX for us which turned Windows a primary platform for Gaming but at the time of invention of DX, Microsoft's whole support is for the PC but now the things have changed they have their own console and they support it mainly. They eventually release new OS and DX to remain in PC market as well but they are more inclined towards their console to dominate the video gaming market.

All the titles under control of Microsoft are first released to their console and then make their way to PC if Microsoft wish. Why Microsoft did not release a game exclusively for PC to support Vista or DX10, so accept the fact that they treat us like second class gamers.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Does the reason why even matter? It wont change anything. Reality is you have select games on each platform, better or worse for each platform, every month. Be happy with whats given and thankful they release what they do on your favorite platform. Why not just buy a console and hook it up to your PC's monitor or whichever and enjoy the best of both worlds with what games are available since no one has any other option.

8. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    The OP needs a blanket and a warm bottle of milk, and a nap. Your argument is pointless, you are just ranting while people give you facts about how what your saying is BS. If you have a PS3 and a 360 and a PC, then play the games you want. Damn your basically saying "I have all the consoles and a PC but I want the crappy console games on my PC." I for one like that the dummbed down FPS stay on the consoles. Halo, GOW, etc do not have much of a story, PC gamers are usually more mature(except for the OP) and want more than just good graphics. If you do not like that games do not come out that you want them to on the PC, too bad. Start you own game stuido and make them. That is your only option, or you can just give up gaming. There is no way any game studio can make everyone happy.

Edit: Trying to put the blame on Microsoft for all your crying about is not fair. They have allowed no name companies to actually have a chance in todays market. With out the xbox 360, there would not be as much variety in gaming. Look at it before. There was nintendo, and sega. Sega died and left Nintendo and Sony. Not a big variety of games. Then it was Nintendo, Sony, and the new xbox. More games started comming out of various varieties. So to put the blame on Microsoft is kind of dumb, since they have helped boost the gaming industry.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  9. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
  10. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    I too wish that console games would stay on consoles, but look what would left for PC? 2 - 4 titles a year? We should thank pirates for this situation, but somewhat also Microsoft for making xbox. Thanks to that console most of pc games are still made on dx9. Dx 10 is a failure, and as long as xbox will exist, i dont care about dx11, i will buy win7 for its stability (and lower sys req nad because theres no other option), not for new dx.
    And i totally understand what tahirahmed wanted to say, but i doubt that Microsoft is slowly killing PC market on purpose, they just always were simply not too clever with their strategies. Like: theyve made Vista with exlusive dx10 and Bill Gates said his company is a PC gaming saviour, and we all know that Vista is maybe for everybody, but not for gaming - useless dx10 and Games Explorer is not enough to make Vista a system for gamers.

11. Aznargo

Aznargo Active Member

GPU:
    Fatal1ty XFX 8600 GT 1GB
    +1:heh:

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Anyone care to place a bet on how long it'll take to be closed?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  13. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Last person to get a post in before an admin announces this thread as closed wins a cake!

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    well you could Linux with Cedega, not ideal for the hardcore gamer, but not too bad.

15. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Oh I like cake, pick me!! lol

16. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Tahirahmed, with all due respect, your argument doesn't make sense, and these other people have valid arguments against what you're saying.

Microsoft makes Operating Systems, and then spends the next several years creating patches, hotfixes and updates, ultimately resulting in Service Packs to upgrade the initial Operating System they released - I'm sure the rest of us call that SUPPORT.

Microsoft has a pretty penny invested in DX11 for a reason - you think that DX11 is some garage-borne programming? Not even close. It's all to serve a function for a basis to work off of when creating games...and guess what - DX11 is the next iteration of gaming SUPPORT for their next OS.

I'm not trying to start any fights either, but nothing you've said makes any sense and I'm going to stick up for everyone that's posted in this thread - is it really all of us who've replied to this thread that are ignorant of what's going on, or is it something else??

You may not like Microsoft or what they represent, and there are viable alternatives to having to use their Operating Systems, but don't count on playing a lot of games on anything else, because guess what - DX is a Microsoft exclusive (I like to call it support) built just for gaming, and game developers use DX for the simple reason that some flavor of Windows is on almost every computer out there...wouldn't make sense to make a game that uses an unknown programming that only plays on 1% of the computers.

While I agree that it seems that they give a lot more support to their console than they do to their OS counterparts, it's really superficial and if you look deeper, it's actually quite transparent.
    Of course they want to make money in the console arena, they've invested millions to do just that - because their research has shown that while most families own a computer, most families have children that like to play games...and if they can have their hand in *both* markets, why not? In reality, they're not giving XBox any favoritism over PC...sure, a few games are going to be console exclusives, but can you install a new OS on that hardware and have a whole new experience? And when you install that new OS with it's new DirectX version and you play a game that uses that new DX and see what it's capable of, that console was just left in the dust...see, that's the beauty of having a PC over a console - not only is it hardware upgradable indefinitely, it's also SOFTWARE upgradable indefinitely, and with each new version of OS or DX or anything else that's software based, comes new features that weren't available before.

On that note, I'm sure you have to have an idea of how much work actually goes into an Operating System, so there's certainly nothing to argue in that department.

Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe it's not all the rest of us that doesn't get it...

Apologies to anyone that got their feathers ruffled - it's only my intention to call it like I see it.

Psychlone

17. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    With that being said:

[​IMG]

Please, don't take it personal, tahirahmed, but this thread was doomed right from the beginning, imo. Most people here will probably agree with what Psychlone wrote in his post above mine. You were basically just asking for the replies you got throughout this thread. I'll just close it, to prevent it from turning into some kind of mud fight. You can PM me if you want to. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.