Microsoft announces offline mode for Win10 games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 31, 2016.

1. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    I most certainly laughed out loud at that first line, considering I was just about to post that very thing. Thanks man. Made my day. Have a good one. :)

Pogo

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd love to have a copy of Gears of War 4, but buying it online is a no go for me due to my crap net speed, it'd literally take me a two to three weeks to download the game. Until MS releases the tricked version of Gears of War and Gears of War 4 on physical discs, I ain't gonna bother with the games, happily installing Titanfall 2 and BF1 on two of my rigs via physical discs. MS seems to have forgotten that not all of us have access to high speed net connection.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nvidia user?

I suggest you to don't play the QB DX11 version on Steam (online or offline).

Your appreciation for the MS Store, the DX12 "performance" on Nvidia and his offline mode could fall a LOT! :)

Edit: Improved punctuation. :D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You can "manually" backup and restore Origin games too. Just make a copy of the game installation folder.

Then in Origin, choose download for that game and wait for it to start downloading (so that at least something is downloaded, like a couple of MB).
    Right-click on Origin tray icon and choose quit (do not log out or pause the download, just quit!).

Copy the backup folder to the Origin games library and overwrite the existing folder (created by the download).
    When you restart Origin, it will detect the game's content and install it. Play!

PS: the same method can be used for UPlay games as well. Only difference is UPlay uses a "placeholder" folder for unfinished downloads so you don't overwrite while copying.
    Manually delete the placeholder after successful restore.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016