Microsoft Announces Cross-Network Play Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    It is quite apperant why MS is doing this. When they had a larger player base with xbox 360 they made it a closed system, that if someone wanted to play games with friends and those friends already had xbox, they would be forced to buy one as well.

Now that MS is behind in console sales, they try to open their network so people with friends who already bought PS wouldn't be forced to buy one as well.

Ultimately it seems as almost no effort on the part of MS as they just open the system leagally for devs to implement any cross platform multiplayer.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I asked people about it and those who have it say it's very close to PC experience. Good enough to beat pad users anyway.

5. crashburn162

crashburn162 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Wc
    More sense is to try to make good with sony and join both networks but to the topic. If they do that no one playing anything with a crosshair will want to go against a pc player!Because they will get their ass kicked not to mention input lag from tv is 120 at best avarage is 240 and pc 120hz monitor is around 6. :) I welcome that so once and for all, all the console maniacs that haven't touched a mouse in a FPS game see how better it is. That being said they first have to prove they can put a single player game both on xbox one and pc without any bugs than go to cross over network.

6. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    As I mentioned earlier (or in another thread), I play GTA V @ pc and with the original Xbox One controller. When I play this game, it ask's if I want to use aiming support itself. So also at pc gaming there's aiming support, and obviously on my Xbox One there's the same thing.

7. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    funny cuz i grab the controller when i enter a vehicle and have to move in it, but if i am on foot or in combat, i throw that stupid weird thing and grab the mouse/keyb combo immediately. always been playing open world games like that, heck even the Assassins creed :D