Microsoft acquires Obsidian and inXile

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 12, 2018.

1. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I don't want to jump of the bridge as M$ decide to take that direction. Feel free to jump from the bridge. I want choice.

2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Let's all try to remember how gushing and contented the CEO of Obsidian was in this video. Will he feel that way in a year, or in 2 years? Make no mistake; there are trade-offs in every business relationship. And in my opinion, Microsoft can be a painful partner.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, I kind of liked some of games they made. On Windows store? Not so much since I block it.

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Although I agree, and many folks will just knee jerk react, MS has made some boneheaded decisions in the past. That is probably where some of the hate comes from, at least for those not kneejerk reacting.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Maybe because this is a PC hardware forum? MS Store is still a pain in the ass and I don't have an xbox and likely never will (If I do ever get a console, it would rather be a Playstation for the better exclusives). As for AMD fanboys, they're more or less in equal amount with Intel/nvidia fanboys (some fluctuations here and there but that is normal), also something one would expect from a PC hardware forum.

6. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Those are strange issues and I haven't had any of those so I can't comment on that.

What's wrong with games "limited" to Xbox and Windows 10? How is it limited. I bought a copy of Forza so I can play on my Xbox One X and when my wife wants to watch TV I play it on the PC. That's a great feature.

Sorry I'm not sure where Windows 7 comes in to this gaming topic?

This^. There are so many PS4 exclusives and you can't even play the same game with people on Xbox. Now that's what I call limited!

One comment I can agree with. They dropped Windows Mobile grrrr lol.

The store has come a long way and there is still work to do yes.
    Ok, so how would you bring more games to Xbox or is the solution for everyone to just go and buy PlayStation just because of more/better exclusives? This is the problem!

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    In case I wasn't explicit in the first post, I don't care about consoles, and the fact that there are still so many exclusives out there is annoying to say the least. So how about we bring some of those on the PC and then worry about bringing more games to xbox?

8. Bungie can complain all they want how as Halo became a success they were owed more but without Microsoft they wouldn't be the recognized studio they are today - that IP would have never been as polished, refined thus financially successful as it is & without Microsoft's backing all Halo would be today is a clunky indie game running on legacy Macintosh. If you play your cards right in any partnership you reap reasonable benefits & in that example the console market played an integral role. Exclusive title albeit or not. It simply is what it is. Emotions aren't an aspect - I simply don't understand the angst, bitching and moaning against one company's system versus another... so what? That's life. Get over it lol.

Far as Obsidian is concerned, I'm happy for them; Microsoft didn't hold them at gun-point and force them to make this deal. There are possibly terms in writing for a certain period of time, stipulations of Obsidian's etc etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018
  9. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    R.I.P. Obsidian

10. hell_knight

hell_knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Only time will tell if It’s a good thing, seeing how major companies policies are not user intended these days..