Microphone wont work GRRRRRR!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angmar, Jun 18, 2011.

1. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    Ok I am all the sudden having issues with my microphone. I've had mics die on me rather often it seems over the years I go through atleast like one a year cause i buy the ****ty 10 dollar best buy ones. Anyway...so yea my mic stopped working I assumed it just needed to be replaced so I bought a new one plugged it in an still cant get anything...doesn't work in vent or anything. VIA HD audio deck shows it as plugged in and I can adjust mic boost etc....which I have all turned all the way up but still nothing. I've tried installing different version of drivers I don't know what else to do and I do not feeling whiping out my computer and all my movies and games just to get my god damn microphone to work.

I am using the onboard sound that comes with the Asus P55d-Deluxe HELP PLEASE

2. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Do you have a front panel mic input you could try?

3. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    I don't have it hooked up...but thats a good idea. I will hook it up an try this.

4. grantschoep

grantschoep Member

GPU:
    XFX 8500GT
    Assuming your using Windows, first try to use windows nativily to get the mic to work. And remeber that you can have multiple mic inputs, a vid cam, and a on board sound chip both have mics usually.

The trick is finding the location of the very nice and simple Windows XP or 7 menu for this. They have changed that thing with ever version of XP, vista, and Windows 7. And it also depends on your menu settings.

Once you find it. (On XP "decent looking control mode")
    Its Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices
    Got the Voice tab, and you can select teh different mics it detects under "Voice Recording" use the test feature.

The location of the menu drives me nuts as I am often on the phone trying to describe friends with Skype how to get their mic to work.