Micron: 16nm NAND flash memory coming up

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Micron spreads a press release in which they announce to be hard at work with the development of 16nm NAND flash memory for SSD storage solutions. Micro states the new chips will go  in full product...

Micron: 16nm NAND flash memory coming up

2. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Most advanced? What about durability? And transfer speed? In fact the 25nm node still looks the most advanced...

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Do a quick google of the Crucial M4 if for some reason you are unaware of this product. It has constantly been listed as the most reliable SSD on the market. Yes Crucial and Micron are the same company. They also have joint venue with Intel. I can assure you the reliability/durability will once again be top notch, I can only speculate the transfer speeds will be much improved as well.

4. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Well that's nice read. And yes I know crucial it´s not easy to find on my country and buy online is not an option for me. Well in fact the controllers are what makes the magic.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The Crucial M4 is getting very old now (in SSD terms), it would be good to see a replacement! Hopefully with much higher write speeds and IOPS.