Michenlin Reinvents the Wheel

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Damnit, May 15, 2006.

1. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFI R9 390
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    it's so simple, makes you wonder why no-one thought of it before!

3. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    Hahaha Tweel that's so original. I want one.

4. Wonder how good this would be on the bike (mountain bike) side of things. Going to start cycling soon and it seems alot of people get flats easy on these offroad trails, this might be a intresting way around this.

They have tubless bike tires, but not sure how those work.

5. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    awesome, great idea.

@morbias - well, its simple but its been in development since 95 they said. its simple to think it up but harder to design and implement it. probly the hardest part was figuring out how to create the spokes so that they support the car but also adjust to bumps and whatnot. i wonder how much they will be.

6. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    That's actually pretty cool. I also want one of those wheelchairs now.

7. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    This has been out for a while, I did a project in one of my Engineering classes last Fall. It is pretty cool.

8. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE
    Seems pretty neat, but they would have to make a unique tweel for every different vehicle because of the weight the tweels would have to support and the type of vehicles.

9. CleavesF

CleavesF Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d x800 GTO biosed 16 pipes
    reclaimer... how would that be any different to any tire we use on cars today? an 18" is an 18" and a 15" is a 15". confused.

As for the tire, the runflat emmies they use on world rally championship are sooo tight.

10. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    A few things I see wrong with this

1. They look ugly with such a small wheel and so much rubber. Maybe they'll have a low profile version?
    2. The production models better be covered on the side cuz get some snow or mud stuck in there and it'll throw the tire balance off bigtime
    3. Spike strips will no longer work for police, same could be said about runflats but those will break down eventually after the tire's been deflated.

11. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE

It's not so much about size as it is about the weight the tweel is bearing. But perhaps you might be right. There's so many different sizes and profiles for many differerent regular tires. But as far as those people who put low-rider wheels on pickup trucks that stick out rediculously--tires that were meant for sports cars and not trucks--that can't happen with tweels.

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -

Maybe that's a good thing... ;)

13. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFI R9 390
    Something tells me this is going to be a very specific market. I only see it being practical on your average box with wheels. I just cant see it owkring on racing applications, offroad or even with towing. Unless they're adjustable then its not going to do as well as some people hope it will. If they were smart they would offer it as an option like a sunroof and heated seats as well as offering it to the open public for sale like any other tire.

ANd if this falls through Im sure there are a gazillion ideas ou there to reinvent the wheel/tweel.