MGS: The Phantom Pain ,AMD users can expect crossfire issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Aug 26, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm probably getting neither. I have recently discovered Endless Legend and Europa Universalis IV. :nerd:

2. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    16 euros man and with dlc. Btw i got a key for payday2 that came with my gpu, and i never play the game, and i cant really play it since it is an online game. Online gaming is blocked by my provider :( If you are interested, i am willing to exchange it for another game you don't want it. We can pn about it.

3. Ultimeas

Ultimeas Member

GPU:
    Crossfire Tri-X R9 290x
    My crossfired 290x's stutter like crazy at 4k in ground zeros, everything on high. Frame times all over the place, just like witcher 3.

I didn't have crossfire when Ground Zeros came out so this is really the first time ive used it for it. I want to get Phantom Pain but ive learned with multi-GPU setups NEVER buy day one.

4. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well i can tell you that one of your gpu will handle the game at 1440p at 55+ fps. I know you want to enjoy the glorious 4k but you know how it is with gameworks. :bang: On the other hand, mad max is running well and stable. I am playing at with vsr 3200x1800 and getting 57+ fps. Your setup will do 80 fps at 4k. I got it for 16 euros and it came with a dlc.

5. Maki

Maki New Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte R9 290
    just forced the ground zero profile for phantom pain seems to be working fine for me on the 15.8 beta drivers

6. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Clear indicator that CF is non existant. WTH AMD ?!?!

[​IMG]

7. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    CrossFire doesn't work out of the box. You need to select the ground zeroes profile to get CrossFire working.

Yeah, i bought the game and i can confirm that the ground zeroes profile gives me a perfect scaling. For 4K I have to turn down some setting however. I don't have the stuttering ultimeas was talking about.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So, does it work ok for you with the Ground Zeroes profile?

9. akkun7

akkun7 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290x CF @ 1100Mhz
    Ground Zeros runs stutter free for me with 15.8 drivers. Occasional dips to mid 40 with high dense scenes on screen at 3200x1800. Haven't got to TPP yet but if it works just as well with the GZ profile I'll be happy.

Any thoughts when AMD might release an official driver/profile?

10. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I don't really think there will be a specific driver for the game, since we already got one 15.8. It might not specify that it is a game driver, but i think that was the purpose behind it.

11. akkun7

akkun7 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290x CF @ 1100Mhz
    I doubt it or at least I hope that isn't the case. TPP is a pretty high profile game for there to be no mention of it.

12. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    You don't need a new driver for TPP. I played 4 hours now and the performance is excellent. Please keep in mind however, that i'm using a 4K FreeSync monitor.