MGS 5: The Phantom Pain - 4K/60FPS PC Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA has released a new trailer for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, showing Konami's upcoming title running at 4K with 60fps. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming to the PC on Septe...

MGS 5: The Phantom Pain - 4K/60FPS PC Video

2. baasgene

baasgene Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    I played through Ground Zeroes again last night, and man what a brilliant engine they made for that game? It's such a brilliant port. I was amazed by the looks and the performance. Already pre-ordered Phantom Pain I just can't wait.

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    with the steam refunds it should run pretty good they wont want another arkham knight disaster

4. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Nvidia screwed up with the Arkham Knight video at 60 fps, Nvidia just lost it's credibility. It's better to wait and see...

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Arkham Night was never ready for PC release, it was not Nvidia or even Rocksteady's fault. The publisher pushed it out.

Ground Zeros was also optimized for PC with the help of Nvidia and that game runs beautifully.

6. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    so how do you expain the "Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Video"?
    They most certainly knew what was going on, since they published the video in their own channel on youtube.

I have playerd ground zeroes, it may use the same engine, but it's not the same game. I'm just fed up with the gameworks stuff. Gameworks break games instead of making it better.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    They DO games more realistic thus better for some however their performance cost is widely not acceptable.
    And I am pretty sure that a company like Nvidia know for all their signed contract what's the terms...the knew about it but..whatever,-rush- money is the only factor to blame for all bullsh!ts happened and will continue to happen.

Don't be naive, refund is a choice some buyers won't do so they will -again- have profit even if a upcoming game is unoptimized. Many will wait for a patch..and so on. Wisely best thing to do is wait and don't pre order, nothing else.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Neither MGS game is a Gameworks title.

9. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    That's the problem with pre orders, I'll not buy until i'm sure nvidia didn't screw up this game either.

Yes, it is...

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/meta-...m-pain-will-feature-nvidia-gameworks-effects/

10. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I hope that they fix that aspect ratio problem that they have.

11. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    How is this 4K? When watched in fullscreen it looks about the same as 480p. Horrid compression.

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    not again nvidia gamecrap. Nothing against their tech but for the love of god code it properly for each game!!!

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Funny because you would think that Nvidia would pump this as a Gamworks title on their own website.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-4k-60-fps-pc-trailer

Here is another article where there is no mention of Gameworks.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...-v-the-phantom-pain-nvidia-geforce-gtx-bundle

Again they said they were doing nothing different with Phantom Pain that they did with Ground Zeros.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Apparently Nvidia are going to announce more details closer to launch. But atm, it seems to not be part of the GameWorks program.

15. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Stop whining about GameWorks, Ground Zeroes run superb, so will this. And if not, you will have plenty of time to whine till they fix it.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think you're mistaking the word "discuss" with "whine".

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  17. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Their libraries are fine, unfinished games shouldn't be pushed out by publishers.

18. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I am deeply sorry that i don't find "omg another GameShait, nVidia stop ruining games" a worthwhile discussion.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I swear this site is starting to resemble w c c f tech and ign with all the whiners on here.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It would not be interesting if there was not some whiners. After all that crap lately i think they have a reason to do so...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015